Chapter Seven

I was currently weighing up how well I would do in prison, carrying out a life sentence for mass murder sounded extremely appealing right about now.

If I had to hear one more story of how great the new Gucci bag was or what a tragedy it is when you scuff your new Louboutin's, I was going to do serious jail time with a zero amount of guilt.

"This will never happen again." I growled into Daniels's ear who sat next to me, looking like he had won the lottery. Not only was he the only male sat on a table of stunning women, something that brought a lot of eager eyes our way, he was also enjoying my annoyance towards the whole evening.

I had wondered when I first got here why security wasn't invited but I knew it was because Daniel simply wanted to look like a hot shot.

"I'm planning on making this an annual thing. It's going great." Daniel replied back with a huge grin, biting into his overpriced steak.

"Well fucking count me out, this is torture."

"Has anyone ever told you that you curse like a sailor?" He winked.

I flipped him off and continued my little pity party, moving my salmon around the plate and glaring at everyone that shared the table with me, 28 other girls, all doing the same job I did. Yet there was one major difference, they all got on with each other and surprise, surprise... hated me. Just like I hated them. I trained most of them but after that I just let them get on with whatever they wanted to do next. Some of them did try to be friends with me, but I just wasn't interested.

Plus, when most of them found out I used to be homeless, they avoided me like the plague anyway. Most of the girls here, not all of them, were from privileged backgrounds and had major daddy issues. I had daddy issues also, but I had issues with everything. They just wanted to piss off their families and make money until their account was full again, not that they would ever admit that to Daniel.

But hey, I didn't judge. I did however, dislike all of them and the attitude they always presented me with.

I heard Daniel tap his knife lightly on his glass to gain everyone's attention and all the talk that had developed suddenly seized. I rolled my eyes and sat back in my chair, here comes the speech.

"Ladies, MY ladies. I'll keep this short and sweet. I just wanted to thank you for all attending this celebration tonight for five good years of business! I never thought when I started this little venture and had this idea, that it would ever turn into what it is now and I have all you to thank. Now raise your glass and drink to many more years of success and a lot more money!" He chuckled as he raised his glass and we all followed.

I drained my drink quickly as the chatter started again and knew now was the perfect time to leave and return home. "Daniel, I'm leaving now." I told him as I gathered my things and stood up to leave.

"I knew you would leave after I made my speech, but it's fine, I suppose I have kept you here long enough. Keep me updated on our little project and I'll speak to you soon." He replied in a hushed tone before he kissed me on my cheek.

"What project?" I heard a voice speak up next to Daniel, he obviously hadn't been as hushed as he had thought.

"It's fine Imani, it doesn't concern you." Daniel simply relied, going back to finishing off his food. I turned to leave when I heard her speak up again.

"Daniel, you never tell me anything anymore. Why does she get all the attention and special treatment? I started only months after she did and now you're whispering about projects." Imani stated which made me roll my eyes, she was such an attention seeker.