Chapter Five

My room was littered with numerous items of clothing that just didn't cover up enough of my horrible red skin, it was funny really because in normal circumstances the more skin I showed the better. My life was becoming so back to front.

I rolled my eyes and took in a huge take of air, just wear anything I mentally scolded myself. I quickly dug through my closet and pulled out a black mini dress, black stockings and a leather jacket. It would do nicely I thought as I laid the items of clothing out on my bed. I pulled out a pair of six inch, black ankle boots and grinned. Perfect.

I'd already showered and let my hair dry in its natural waves. For my make-up I was going for a Smokey eye and red lip, which I had also already done. I quickly slipped on my clothes and checked myself over in the mirror. Not bad to say that I had to cover up some of my best assets, which was pretty much everything.

I suddenly heard Salem's barking and knew that Brooke was at the door so I ran as quickly as my heels would allow.

"Down boy." I told Salem before I opened the door.

"Hi Elle, you look so good!" Brooke greeted me as soon as she saw me peer from behind the door.

"You're not going out with me like that." I stated seriously, eying up her jeans that she had paired with a black vest and flats.

"Erm... I...Uh..." Brooke stumbled over her words as the smile dropped from her face and I immediately felt bad, which was weird.

"I'm sorry I didn't mean to offend you but you are not wearing those jeans on a night out. I'm littered in red marks and I'm not wearing jeans and don't get me started on those flat shoes." I told her before pulling her into my apartment and shutting the door.

"This is the only thing I could wear." She told me nervously.

"What do you mean, the only thing you could wear?" I questioned as I eyed her suspiciously. What she was saying didn't sit right with me and I was good at detecting when people were trying to hide something.

"Erm... It's the only thing that I can wear with my body type." She admitted avoiding eye contact.

"I'm calling bullshit on that, you have a good body Brooke but whatever, you don't have to tell me what's going on, we only just met. Come on, you can borrow something of mine." I smiled as I pulled her towards my bedroom closet.

"This is all yours?" Brooke asked me with her mouth wide open when we reached my walk in wardrobe.

"Yes, it's all mine." I grinned sounding a little smug, I couldn't help it I was proud of it.

"Your job must pay really well. What do you do?"

"I acquire luxury items for a private seller." I lied easily, I was so used to telling people that and it wasn't exactly a total lie, I just left out the part about the 'acquiring' including sleeping and stealing from rich men. No big deal.

"Sounds fancy. Definitely different from my simple job as a florist." Brooke told me sounding a little down.

"Hey, come on cheer up! This is supposed to be a fun night. Pick anything you want, apart from the section on the left side because I haven't worn them yet." I told her with an encouraging smile. I couldn't believe I was being this nice, I was never this nice... To anyone.

After about twenty minutes, twenty long minutes in which I considered going out without her or hanging myself from the ceiling fan, she had picked a strapless red bodycon dress and black lace up heels to match.

I gasped when I saw her exit the bathroom. "You almost look as good as me." I joked with a huge smile.

She laughed nervously and pulled on the material timidly. "I don't know Elle, it's a little tight and it looks expensive."