Chapter Three

Knock. Knock. Bark.

Knock. Knock. Bark.

What the bloody hell?

I quickly rolled over to look at my alarm clock and read that it was 8am, ugh. I wasn't really tired because early mornings was something I was used to, I was just curious, curious as to who would be knocking on my door at this time in the morning.

Nobody ever knocked on my door without telling me first... unless they had a death wish.

Knock. Knock. Bark.

"I'm coming!" I screamed as loud as I could before pulling my body from my bed and grabbing an oversized t-shirt from my drawers, not bothering to change my appearance or even put on any underwear.

When I finally reached my front door I noticed Salem was sat there patiently facing it. He'd always been so protective of me and was always eager to see who was visiting.

"Try to not to scare whoever it is too much okay boy." I grinned as I unlocked the door.

I pulled it open abruptly and was met by a young woman who seemed startled by my sudden appearance. Salem immediately started to growl and the young woman took a hesitant step back.

"Down boy," I ordered making him sit back and watch the woman attentively.

"Can I help you?" I asked flatly as she continued to stare at my dog and I. I wasn't good with other women, I think it was because I couldn't seduce them the same way I could men and they tended to be intimidated by my appearance and simply stay away, probably scared I would steal their husbands or boyfriends.

How I was going to train Roman's Sister in self defence would be a mystery, I wasn't a girls girl and I don't think I ever would be.

"Look lady, can you tell me what you want? You woke me up and as much as I would just love to stand here, I have things I have to do. "

"I, um.. I... sorry I didn't mean to disturb you it's just... I'm locked out and I forgot my phone and my keys are locked in my apartment and my boyfriends at work... I went to get the post and I just...I'm sorry to disturb you, I'll just go.. I'm sorry." My god, I was actually exhausted by the time she finally stammered out her sentence.

"Come in." I sighed while stepping aside and extending my hand towards the kitchen.

She quickly scuttled in and looked around in complete awe of my apartment.

"Your place is beautiful." She spoke gently before taking a seat at my large marble breakfast bar. My flat was bigger than most in the building.

"Thank you. Would you like the phone to call your boyfriend or the building manager or something?" I enquired as I looked at the woman more intently whilst leaning on the counter at the opposite end of the kitchen.

She was pretty, not in your face type way but in the natural classic kind of way. Her brown hair was in loose waves and her brown eyes were wide and made her cute looking.

"No... That's okay, the building reception will open in an hour and I can pick my spare keys up from there, if that's okay with you?"

"It's fine. This happen a lot?"

"Y-yes" She chuckled nervously.

I noticed Salem go and sit by her feet and start to sniff her denim jeans.

"Salem! Stop that." I ordered my dog as I watched her shift nervously, obviously frightened.

He huffed before laying on floor with his head on his paws.