Chapter Two

I heard the loud blare of my alarm and groaned into the soft, silk sheets of my king size bed. I had gotten used to my early mornings and late nights courtesy of my unique line of work. Sleep wasn't something I was accustomed to but I had gotten used to functioning off a few hours every night.

My mind instantly drifted to what Daniel had told me last night, it hadn't left my mind for even a second. Was it really something I could do? I mean, I was great at my job, but this was different. I could never pass as someone's girlfriend. I was too independent, too forward, too much of well... everything. I was not someone you could ever take home to your parents or even take further than a one-night stand.

I wasn't feeling sorry for myself, I was simply stating the truth.

When I saw my bedroom door being pushed open, I was pulled out of my thoughts and my attention was now focused on the soft bundle of fur that had jumped onto my bed and had decided to lie directly on top of me. It was the only thing I could ever love.

"Salem! What have I told you about jumping on the bed you fat beast." I laughed as I stroked my caramel husky's soft head, to which I received a small nuzzle and a loud bark.

"Yes I know, I have to get up. Thanks for that loud reminder." I stated dryly as I pushed his heavy body off of mine and made my way towards the kitchen to fix us both breakfast. I pulled a large t-shirt over my head to cover my naked body as I made my way towards the kitchen and quickly set about pouring out Salem's dog food and my own granola.

I walked out onto my apartments balcony and smiled, I loved living in London. With my particular career choice I could live in a luxury apartment that showed off the city perfectly. My apartment was my safe haven, just my dog and I, I was happy with that.

I made haste of finishing off my cereal and decided that I would shower and get changed into my running gear in order to walk Salem before heading to the gym for a good workout. My body was my work and I had to make sure it was toned and tightened to perfection.

When I had finishing showering and getting changed into my black sports bra, workout leggings and my favourite running shoes, I grabbed Salem's dog lead so we could go for quick jog so he had a walk and then I could head to the gym for my own personal workout.

"Come on S, time for your walk!" I shouted from the front door to which I heard his paws connect with the floor with enthusiasm as he bounded towards me. I didn't need to put on his lead when we were out but within the apartment complex it was required.

We quickly took the elevator down and headed out into the morning air. I inhaled and smiled lightly, I loved this time of day when the feeling of 'anything could happen' washed over you.

"Let's go then boy." I smiled before we both took off on a jog to the local field to do a few laps.

*****

The gym today had been exhausting. I had really pushed myself. I knew I had overworked my body but I loved the rush it gave me and I loved the feeling of all my muscles working to their full potential.

I was currently in the bath soaking my muscles so that they wouldn't cause any problems for me later on in the night when I was working. My mobile phone started ringing and I saw Daniel's name flash on the screen. I swear this guy was the most annoying aspect of my whole life. Could I ever just have two minutes peace?

"What?" I growled.

"Always the charmer Elle." He replied cheerily.

"Is there something you need? I'm trying to enjoy my bath."

"Bath time in the Dominic household? Can I join?" I could hear the smirk in his voice and I rolled my eyes, everyday he had to make some dirty comment.