Chapter Forty-Five

Jason's p.o.v

"Miley, it isn't a good idea." Greggory shook his head as it clicked in mine.

"Excuse me?" She said with a smile. "I don't want to hear it. If you and Tessa don't want to work with him or see him than leave. I'm not stopping you." She laughed. I could sense her anger because it was radiating off of her.

"Maximus? You called Maximus?" Lewis asked in a loud, surprised tone. I stood silently off to the side with my arms crossed.

"Yes," Miley said looking at him.

"I'm not asking any of you to stay. I don't give two fucks whether you leave or stay. Maximus is someone who isn't going to play the blame game. His tracers are the best in the business and don't pretend you don't know that." Miley said looking at Lewis and then Greggory. It seemed like they were the only ones who had a problem with Maximus.

"Can you trust him?" I asked. Breaking the building silence that was suddenly in the room.

"Can I trust anyone?" She asked with a chuckle.

"I don't think-" Denver started before Miley cut him off.

"Don't," Miley shook her head looking over at him. I remained silent again watching the scene in front of me. This was a Miley that I had never seen before.

"I know what is best for my own flesh and blood. These are my kids and I know what the fuck I am doing." She spat.

"Most of you don't know how the fuck I work. Or how I used to work. If you think Jason's bad, you have no idea who the fuck you're dealing with now." She shook her head and I chuckled to myself because I didn't doubt it.

"I don't care if any of you die. As long as my children are safe, that is all that fucking matters to me." She looked over at me before walking out of the room.

"Jason, this isn't a good idea. She isn't stable." Tessa grabbed my arm.

"Don't," I shook my head and pulled away from her grip.

"She was safe, they were safe. You made them come to the fucking wedding. If anyone is to blame, its you. If you have a problem with how she is handling things, leave. She doesn't need you, and neither do I." I shook my head.

"If you don't want to work with Maximus and Miley and I, please leave." I said loudly and pointed to the door. "I don't want anyone to feel obligated to stay." I crossed my arms across my chest. Everyone looked at me in silence.

"Jason," Greggory started.

"Don't you fucking dare. You know that if it were Tessa you would be acting the very same way." I said walking towards him.

"What if it were you? Do you think she would care as much?" Greggory asked with a laugh as he also stepped towards me.

"I do," I nodded, "I, without a doubt, believe Miley would do the very same thing for me. Don't you dare try to stand here and tell me shit out of your ass. You don't know her like I do and you don't know what kind of relationship I had and have with her. None of you do." I shook my head as I looked at everyone in the room.

"I don't like the way you are treating her so get the fuck out of here" I shouted as Fringe held me back.

"You should leave," Fringe said looking at Greggory.

"Fine," Greggory said before walking out of the house with Tessa.

"Anyone else?" I shouted looking around the room.

"Ride or Die," Bear said smiling at me.

Denver smiled and nodded, Sam, Jon, Fringe, and Lewis agreed to stay.

Miley walked back into the room with Grant following her. She looked piss and I didn't want to say anything to her, hell I don't even know what to say.

"Alright," Miley said clearing her voice.

"Bear and Jon are going to dig up anything they can on the assholes who took them. I would like it if Sam and Denver tracked down some footage." Miley announced.

"Okay," Sam nodded as did Denver.

"The rest of us are going to figure out why they would take them, who they are working for, and what their plan is." She said looking at the remaining of us.

"We can go into the kitchen," Grant said gesturing towards the kitchen. I nodded and followed behind him.

"So, who do you think did this?" Miley asked sitting on the table.

"Do you have any ideas?" Lewis asked Miley.

"I don't have any beef with anyone." Miley shrugged. "I took care of anything that could have been a problem for me." Miley shrugged.

"Jason?" Lewis asked looking at him.

"Hell, it could be any number of people." I sighed as I tried to think of who could have done this.

"Who do you know that would be out of their mind enough to kidnap children in order to get back at you?" Miley asked without even bothering to look at me.

"The Kisses," I said lowly as the memories of my last conversation with them came flooding through my mind.

"Fuck," Fringe rasped.

"Who?" Miley asked. I looked at Lewis and he sighed.

"Wait, I thought your issues with them were settled?" Grant asked.

"I thought so too." I sighed. "One of their men killed on my territory and was later killed by one of my men. At the time, we didn't know who he was. A week later one of our men showed up dead with a note that read: blood for blood." I said sitting down in the chair next to Lewis.

"Ever since then things have been shitty. Its been nothing but fighting. They made a few threats and also noted that the contract was up. We recently found out that the one we killed was a Kisses blood." I shook my head.

"They are insane and we killed their own." All types of emotions came rushing through my body.