Chapter Forty-Three

Miley's p.o.v

I was fearful and I was worried. I wasn't sure if it was because of Jason or not. Something was hurting deep within me. I was still so emotional about Jason. I had said a lot of things I didn't mean. It hurt. The pain was becoming unbearable. I know that I needed to say those things, I needed to put on an act but I still know that those words hurt him and that is what made this worse.

"I just need to see them," I said as the car pulled to a stop.

"I will stay here with you tonight and take you to the airport tomorrow. Hopefully, you can get some rest before we leave." Grant said as we got out of the car.

"I think I might have to make a detour before we leave." I said following Grant to the door.

"Just let me know what you need." He said before opening the door.

We took a few steps inside the house and I paused. Something was off. My stomach began to churn within me. I ran into the bedroom unsure of what I was about to see. I don't think anything could have prepared me to see this; A massacre.

"No, no, no," I screamed running through the house. Grant did the same. The house was completely empty and they were gone. I feel death approaching me.

"Their gone," I breathed as my heart raced faster within my chest.

"Where are they?" I shouted and looked at Grant.

"I, I don't know." He is speechless.

Pain. So much pain.

The guards were dead. Everything was dark. They were gone. I fell to the ground and cried. I zoned out of what Grant was doing and I sobbed. I felt empty. I am empty. First Jason and now this.

"I'm trying to track them. I have my best guys on the case." Grant said getting down on his knees to look in my eyes.

"These were supposed to be your best guys." I cried out.

I wanted to fight. I wanted to hurt someone but I am in too much pain. I am too weak. I stood to my feet and began to pace. I am a fool. I should have never left them alone.

Does it make sense that a heart can be empty; gone even, but it can still beat? I can still breath even if there are sharp pains in my body and that doesn't make sense. The only person that could really do something was Jason deep down I knew what I had to do.

"Jason," I whispered.

"Grant, give me your phone." I said walking towards him. He obliged without questioning me.

I called Fringe. He was the only number I knew by heart.

"Grant?" He said answering the phone.

"No," I said. I felt unsure of how to word myself or my story. I had already put everyone in enough pain and now this.

"Miley, what's wrong?" He asked. My voice had already told him something was wrong.

"I need Jason," I said. I need Jason.

"Something's wrong," He whispered. I heard movement and prayed to good I would hear Jason's voice.

"Miley?" Jason's voice filled the phone and I fell to my knees again.

"I'm sorry, I'm so sorry." I cried. It is uncontrollable; the pain is uncontrollable.

"What's wrong? Where are you?" He asked full of concern.

"You will hate me," I cried.

"Miley, we already talked about this. Just tell me where you are." He pleaded. He was worried.