Chapter Six

Jason's p.o.v

"Chase," I said walking into his office. My mind had been racing since I left Miley's house. I had no idea what I was going to do but I needed to come up with a plan and fast.

"Did you figure out why Miley is still in town?" He asked once I entered.

"Yes," I laughed as I sat down in the chair across from him.

"Why are you laughing?" He asked confused.

"Well, to start off, Derek is still alive." I breathed.

"What?" He chocked.

"Derek and Maximus Cyrus are working together to expand their territory. They want to take us out and have Derek take over this territory. Lewis, who appears to be a mutual friend between Miley and us, sent her to help us out." I spilled.

"What the fuck?" He asked his face held utter confusion.

"I didn't stutter." I shook my head. "I'm going to go call Lewis." I stood to my feet.

"What do you want me to do, boss?" He asked jumping to his feet. He knew this meant all hands on deck.

"Dig up anything you can on Miley and her gang. Have Will dig up some stuff on Maximus. I want to know his contacts and I want to know Derek's. I also want Bear to continue to watch Miley and her gang closely." I said before walking out of his office.

"You got it boss." He said.

I made my way to my office I had too much to do. I didn't know when they were going to strike but I needed to be ahead of the game. I walked into my office and shut the door behind me. I sat down at my desk and quickly dialed Lewis' number.

"I thought I would be getting a call from you." Lewis said answering the phone.

"Within reason," I laughed shortly.

"To what do I owe the pleasure?" He spoke into the phone.

"Well, for starters I'd like to know what the deal is with Miley." I cleared my throat.

"Miley is a good friend. And a reliable contact." He reasoned.

"Why did you send her?" I asked.

"She is Maximus's daughter. She hates his guts more than anyone in the world. Trust me when I say you want her on your side." He laughed.

"Why didn't you tell me about Derek and Maximus for yourself?" I asked. Lewis had been a close contact for years and it shocked me that he didn't tell me himself.

"I found out through Miley. She still has some connections at home so she told me when the threat arose. Considering it was about Derek, whom I thought was dead, I told Jeremy. He told me that he would tell you and I assumed he would. I sent Miley because I trust her. She can keep Jeremy in line." He explained.

"Sadly, I had to force it out of Jeremy, he wouldn't tell me upfront." I sighed.

"Maybe you need to reevaluate that friendship. He should have told you up front as soon as he found out. Miley told me that he was being a pain but that she was playing along to see what was going to happen. Now hearing that he didn't tell you up front makes me think he isn't trust worthy." Lewis reasoned.

"Not to mention the fact that he said he killed Derek." I breathed.

"Exactly. That's another reason as to why I sent Miley. You can trust her. Her instincts are fresh. She is smart, smarter than you would think." He started. "You don't have to work with her. But her and the team could be a major asset."

"My trust is thin these days." I said.

"Mine is too." Lewis agreed. "Be careful with Jeremy. If you need me you know how to reach me." He said before hanging up.

I didn't know what to think. I didn't even know what to do. I was at a standstill, a cross roads. Who could I trust? Jeremy was the least reliable at this point and I didn't know Miley at all.

"Boss?" Chase said pulling me out of my thoughts.

"Yeah, come in." I said spinning around in my chair.

"I found some stuff on Miley and it wasn't even hard to find." Chase said sitting down on the other side of my desk.

"Okay," I nodded.

"It looks like her father has been pretty absentee. Her mother practically raised her. When she turned 15 her father started exploiting her. He brought her along to meetings and by meetings I mean high profile meetings." He started.

"She went missing a little while after she turned 15. She was found 4 days after a report was filed. They found her on the side of a highway, left for dead. She was brought to the emergency room. Her father halted any police talking to her. It seemed like a cover up. It was reported that she was in the hospital for a week. Her father had her under strict lock down." He continued.

"After she was released the police had to follow up on the report. In the report stated that she had been raped and that she had gotten pregnant but lost the baby. That is all that was in the report." He cleared his throat.

"A few months later she left home and moved to New York. She was 16 at the time but it didn't seem like her father held her back. We don't have much outside of that. It seemed that they had the situation on tight lockdown." Chase explained.

"Wow," I stated. "It a sounds a lot like a cover up." I shook my head. I was shocked. It made sense and I now understood why she didn't like her father. We can't assume but it seems like it was his fault she was raped. She said that he used her like a prop.

"Yeah, it sort of explains a lot." He shook his head. "Did you find out anything from Lewis?" He asked.

"Yeah." I nodded. "He said that he thinks Miley will be able to help us. I agree, in a way. Comparing her to Jeremy, I trust her more. He told me that he killed Derek. He lied. Lewis said that Jeremy wanted to be the one to tell me. Obviously if I had not forced the truth out of him he wouldn't have told me." I reasoned.

"That's true." Chase said.

"What do you think about working with Miley?" I asked looked at Chase.

"Well, knowing her story I don't think that she is close with her family. And with Lewis sending her here I think she can be reliable. We don't know her that well but I think she is more trust worthy than Jeremy." He agreed.

I had a lot on my mind. I was really thinking through what Lewis had said. And Chase had a good point. Whatever I decided I needed to decide fast.

((Sorry for not updating earlier. I had to work this weekend: / I want to apologize for any grammar errors. I am working on improving my writing but that takes time. I hope this isn't confusing for anyone. Everything is still panning out and there is a lot that is going on. If you have any questions, please comment. I hope you all are enjoying it thus far. Please comment and vote. Xoxo))