Chapter 19.

Zeldas Pov.

Flashes of white, grey and pink flood my eyesight as the knock back from Samus kick hits Donkey Kong in the side.
I jolt as I realize that Diddy Kong is bolting towards me and charging for a combo smash. I use my force field and block the hit from Diddy. I glance over and see a raged expression flowing through his face.

We are in Mr. Snakes class training for our big tournament in a few months. Right now, Samus and I are in a team battle against Donkey and Diddy Kong. Our stage is Final Destination and so far Samus and I are winning by 2 kills. We are the blue team and Donkey and Diddy are red team.

I direct my gaze towards Donkey Kong and realize that if I use Din's fire, I could send it towards him and knock him off the edge. Okay, Zelda, take a deep breath. You've practiced this spell almost 100 times... I charge it up and shoot it. My heart pounds as I realize that if it doesn't kill him, then I won't have enough time to recover from the miss. This moment could cost us the entire round. It misses him... but skims the edge of an explosive crate. The rumble of the explosive pushes me back and sends me towards the edge of the platform. As it explodes, I hear the cheering of the crowd. The sound rumbles in my ear. I grab onto the corner to the stages platform and dangle there for a second. I recollect my composure and hull myself back into the stage. I see Diddy got sent towards the front and hit the screen and Donkey went flying into the top right. I feel the rumble and gaze towards the scoreboard. Samus and I won the match!

"Sweet job, Zel. We kicked ass." Samus says in exausted tone. Sweat is falling from both of our faces. The match lasted around 5 minutes, so it drained us of energy and our powers.

"We wouldn't have won if you didn't get the first kill." I return.
We grin and shuffle out of the arena.
"Zelda! Samus! Zelda! Samus! Zelda! Samus!" Our class cheers as we enter the class room exhaustedly. We walk over towards Diddy and Donkey.
"Nice fight, you guys. You were a tough match." I say to them both while panting. They smile and nod back at us.

"Okay, everyone!" Mr. Snake shouts to get the classes attention.
"That was a great battle back there. Samus, your use of combos and sidesteps gained you excellent points in the match. I am proud to see you were using the learned techniques. Now, Zelda.." Oh, no. I hope he didn't notice that I wasn't actually aiming for then box.. "Your projectiles and lightning kicks had a strong effect on those two, it was great to see the strength that you have accessed in your powers, however, you missed Donkey Kong and hit the box instead. You were lucky that it hit the box or else that could've cost you two the game, but sometimes in these battles it's all about taking risks. The right type of risks. --" Mr. Snake was about to continue, except the sound of the lunch bell rang. Thank goodness.

As the rest of the class floods out, Marth walks towards me.
"You did really good! I haven't seen such an intense match like that before." Marth says.
"Oh, please. You're just saying that to make me feel better..." I grin at him.
"Let's have lunch together. I'll pay, then we can walk around campus and maybe you can quiz me for the potions test we have soon?" He asks.
We start walking out of class and stop in front of the girls change room. I smile awkwardly at him.
"Sorry, Link and I are having lunch together and I'm supposed to meet him in 5." I tell Marth.
His features switch between a little embarrassed to slightly irritated, and then back to normal.
"Is this like a date? Never mind. T-that's fine. I'll just ask Ike." He replies.
I wave goodbye and jump into the change room.
I put my usual outfit back on and wipe the sweat off my face.
I genuine smile twists into my lips when I think about my lunch date with Link.

I walk down the long hallways with a slight skip to my step. My body flows in a slick movement as I dodge and weave past people who are in my way.

I reach the cafeteria and look towards the usual table my friends sit at.
At the circular table I see Ike, Samus, Pit, Rosalina, Peach, Link and Marth all laughing at each other. Probably another one of Ike's wild stories.