Chapter 16.

Zeldas Pov.

The morning started like how it always starts. Potions class with Mr. Ganon and then we fight each other for an hour in Mr. Snakes class.
Today I fought Pit in the DK Jungle practice stage which was so cool! I won, but Pit was only one point off.

Now, I'm sitting at the lunch table with my great friends eating this "not the best, but better than nothing" lunch food as Ike would put it.

"Oh my goodness, Zel. I can't believe that you were actually asked to the dance by Sonic. What did you say." Peach asks.

"Just let him down easily. I said 'Sorry, Sonic. You're a really cool guy, but I have someone in mind'. Then I told him about how Jigglypuff can't take her eyes off him. Which was true." I reply.

"It's true, I was right beside her! Kinda funny, but I feel bad for the kid." Pit says.

"So, Zel.. who did you want to ask you do the dance?" Peach asks probably knowing who I was going to say anyway.

I was about to say something but then Ike cuts in "I know who I want to ask." confidently, he walks over to a table in the centre of the room occupied by people trying to eat, and then stands on top of it. The people angrily complain to the people beside them, but Ike doesn't seem to care. He starts yelling "May I have all of your attention, please?" and everyone stops talking to look at him "I know a special girl that I've only recently started getting feelings for. She's beautiful, funny, and definitely sassy... Her name is Samus Aran. Samus, Will you be my date to the dance?" He asks. Next thing that happens is Pit and Marth run up behind him holding a huge banner that says "Will you be my date" in blue sparkly letters.

"Ike! Of course i'll be your date." Samus says while running up to him and kisses him on the cheek.

I notice that most of the girls, including Rosalina and Peach, are saying "awwwwww" and "I wish I had a guy like that"
and the unforgettable "he's so dreamy" in sync.
It was a cute gesture that Ike pulled off. It would be nice to have something like that.

Ike, Samus, Pit and Marth all walk back to our table laughing and smiling.

"Wow, Ike that was so nice!" Rosalina squeals.

"Oh, please. It was just a small gesture to show my girl that I like her a lot." Ike says with a grin.

"Samus is 'Your girl' now? Didn't you two only go out on one date?" Peach asks.

"Well, Yeah but that doesn't matter. I'd love to go to the dance with Ike." Samus replies while cuddling under Ike's arm.

"Okay, cool. I'm happy for you guys." Marth says.

"Now you guys all need dates!" Samus says happily.

"I have someone in mind. Pretty sure he'll say yes." Peach says cockily.
Ugh, what makes her think Link will say yes. I don't understand what goes on in her brain most of the time.

"I'm gonna go grab a salad. Wanna come, Zel? you haven't eaten yet." Marth asks.

"Oh, Sure. I completely forgot." I reply as Marth and I get up and start to walk towards the salad bar.

"Peach wants to go to the dance with someone, do you think it's me?" He asks nervously.

"I hate to break it to you, but there's a 50% chance that she was also talking about Link." I honestly answer.

"Well, I can ask Link if he's planning on asking anyone. He'll probably say you or he might not go." Marth says while picking up a bowl and adding an assortment of vegetables to it.

"Hmm I don't know. He can ask whoever he wants, but I do hope it's me." I tell him.

"Okay, but don't get too jealous if he asks Peach or she asks him." He grins.

"Same goes to you, bud." I say while eating a carrot and jokingly nudging him in the shoulder.

*Time Skip* (after school)

Links Pov.

Loneliness. That's all I feel ever since I've been in this room. It's only been a couple of days, but I don't like the feeling of pity that people always give me.

While being drowned my boredom an announcement blares through the speakers.

"HELLO SSB STUDENTS. I AM GLAD TO INFORM YOU THAT YOUR ANNUAL SCHOOL DANCE WILL BE THIS FRIDAY AFTER SCHOOL!! ITS SEMI-FORMAL AND YOU ARE REQUIRED TO BRING A DATE! THERE WILL BE A LARGE SELECTION OF DRINKS AND FOOD. THE PRICE OF ADMISSION IS FREE! SEE YOU THERE"

Date? oh shit I need a date. Once I get out of here I can finally ask someone. Zelda? I would love to go with her, but she doesn't visit as frequently as she use to. Peach tells me that she's always hanging out with Marth now. I mean I guess they're just friends??
Peach is the only one that visits me besides Pit, but he's working up the nerve to ask Rosalina.
I don't know. Peach is kind of trashy, she always flirts with me and is always moving between guys... I guess I'll keep thinking about it.
Just one more day until I can leave...

Unedited chapter, because my teachers give a shitload of homework plus extra french and soccer lessons. I am aiming to get the next chapter up by the weekend so I hope you all enjoy!