Chapter 15.

Zeldas Pov.

"I feel really bad for Link" Marth says with a sigh.
"We all do. Epona was the closest thing he had to home. They grew up together." Pit exclaims.

It was just after our visit with Link and all of us, except Link (obviously), were heading back to class. We're walking down the hallways to get to our lockers before the lunch bell rings.
"He's a strong kid. He grew up independently without any parents and look how far he's come." Samus tells us.
"We just shouldn't bring up the topic of anything that has to do with Epona. Epona was his closest pal. Link's heartbroken about it. The least we can do is be sensitive." I say.

Before I could process it Samus says "Yeah, because you're great around things that people like" in a sarcastic tone.
I stop walking, and a few steps later the entire group does.
"wait wait wait... What's that supposed to mean?" I ask very confused.
She crosses her arms while staring into my eyes harshly. Then she glances at Ike and her expression changes to a very cold one.

I realize that I never got to chance to apologize to her. I was planning on it after class, but then everything happened with Link. I feel really bad and I need to tell her what really happened.

             THE APOLOGY.

She angrily walks off down the hallway. Everyone turns their faces towards me. I glance over at Ike and he is giving me a face full of apologies and regret. I know he's sorry, but I have to apologize to Samus before we can return to being friends.
I start running down the hallway after Samus, but before I could make it I hear a voice calling to me. I turn around only to see Ike yelling something "Wait, Zelda! I'm so sorry I got you into this! I miss being friends with you! and it's not you who needs to apologize to Samus, It's me." He says while running towards me.
"Ike, I don't know if having you there is going to make it worse, or better." I say back.
"Zel, please. You were just there the wrong place and time. I'm sorry, I really am." he returns back.
"okay, fine. Let's go." I say while starting to search for Samus.

We were looking for about five minutes, but then we see her sitting on a park bench texting on her phone.

"Samus!" I call out. She glances over at me and Ike and sighs.
"Didn't you get the hint? I just want to be on my own right now." Samus complains.
"No, please wait! Samus, this was just all a misunderstanding. I never meant for it to happen and I never would want you to get hurt." I try to explain.
"Zel, Listen.. I know that you're a good person, and I know Link probably likes you. I don't want you to hurt him at all. He's a great guy, and if you want to be with Ike, That's okay, but just let Link down easily and don't keep stringing him along." She says.

I wasn't expecting her to say that. Does she think I'm stringing Link along? Wait, no I'm not. I don't even like Ike, I like Link.

"Whoa, Samus. This isn't about Link. I just want to explain what happened, and it wasn't Zelda's fault. Can you please calm down? for me?" Ike says with a genuine smile. he walks close to Samus who's slightly calming down with every breathe. Ike puts his hand on her back and walks her towards the fountain leaving me behind.
I can tell he's doing a good job at explaining... flirting, because Samus' cold and angry expression has turned into a cute giggly one.
Wow, Ike really knows how to talk to girls I guess..

I have to get to my class which was Health with Doctor Mario. I hope Peach and Rosalina will still talk to me because we have the same class together.
This is going to be a long day...

*TIME SKIP* (after school)

I still have no idea if Samus forgave me yet, but by judging on how her and Ike haven't left each other's side all day, kind of gives me a hint that she has.
Too bad Peach and Rosalina haven't been told that yet, because they're still really awkward when I all to them. I mean, Rosalina is fine. She just keeps giving me sorry looks, probably because Peach told her that I was a traitor, but Peach... don't even get me started. She knows that I like Link. That doesn't stop her from always flirting with him. Ugh, I just hope she stops.

While sitting at a lonely park bench under a cherry blossom tree, Marth comes over to sit beside me.

"Hey, Zel." he says with an awkward wave. "May I sit with you?"

"Of course you may." I say back with a smile as I make space for him to sit down.

"So I don't know if I should avoid this question, but how did everything go with Samus?" Marth asks.

"Well, I'm guessing it went surprisingly well. After I apologized Ike took over and worked his charm." I reply.

"Oh, haha I see. Ike always does that. That explains why they're going on a dinner date in 15 minutes." He tells me.

"Wow, glad that things are working out." I say back.

"Yeah, so how is everything with Peach and Rosalina?" Marth asks.

"Still don't really talk to me, but I hope we can still be friends." I say. After a short pause, I ask Marth "Do you like Peach? I'm just curious and your secrets safe with me."

"Oh, Peach, huh?" He replies with an awkward laugh as he starts moving his fingers through he deep blue hair. "Umm, I guess I do. I don't think she likes me back at all. I don't know if you've noticed, but she seems really into Link."
.....Oh trust me, I've noticed.

"Are you going to ask her to the dance?" I ask.

"Well, I would love to go to the dance with her, and I still have a week to ask, but I'm just nervous that she'd say no." Marth replies.

"Don't worry, Marth." I say with a smile. "Peach would be lucky to go with a nice guy like you."

"Thanks, Zel." He awkwardly grins back cutely.

Marth is a good friend. I'm glad he understands me.

~Drama 0_0
Sorry for not posting. I had a wonderful vacation this summer. I start school on Thursday and I'm really not looking forward to it.

I'll post a lot more for sure and I have so many ideas for this story. Plus, a lot of ideas for new books that I'll write! I'm so excited. I want to finish this book before I start a new book so all my attention goes into this book!!! Love you guys for the support!~