"Well, Kol never hurt her. He treated her well, he loved her."

Kai scoffed. "Damon." Stefan added in. "You need to calm down."

"Don't get mad at me, Damon. Riley was forced to forget me, Elena chose to forget you."

Kai is so mean to him. I thought to myself yet I wanted to laugh.

"You little-"

"Damon." Stefan said. He must have stopped Damon from killing Kai.

I could practically smell the smirk from Kai. "Thank you Stefan. At least someone understands me."

"Don't flatter yourself, Kai." Stefan replied. "I'm only doing this for Riley."

"If she even remembers you." Damon laughed.

"I think it worked." Kai replied with a shrug.

"Why is that?" Stefan wondered.

"She called me Malachai, before passing out."

"But that's your name." Caroline said. "So, I don't see how that's a surprise."

Who else is here? I wondered. Better question, why haven't I woken up yet?

"Duh." Kai said and I could practically see the glare that Caroline gave him. "But only Ri called me it. She enjoyed the fact, that annoyed me." Kai explained, I mentally grinned.

"So how much longer is she gonna be asleep?" Elena asked. "It's nearly been two days."

Two days! I need to wake up.

"She should wake up soon, I either restored her memories or....." Kai trailed off.

"Or?" Damon questioned.

"She's still a human and her body is shutting down, meaning." Kai sighed. "She'll die."

"You-"

"Shut up." I interrupted, as I opened my eyes. The sunlight hurt so I hissed, covering them for a few seconds. I cleared my throat and blinked a few times. "Finally, I can speak."

Everyone stared at me, looking relieved. "Riley." Damon said with a smile.

Stefan smiled, looking relieved. "You're alive."

I sent a small voice. "Hello." I said, my voice croaky so I clasped my throat and cleared my throat. "I need a drink."

Caroline nodded and vamp sped into the kitchen. In seconds, she appeared with a glass of water in her hands while she knelt in front of me. "How did you manage to wake up?"

I shrugged and took a small sip. "No idea but all of the shouting was annoying." I added, looking at Kai and Damon.

"Wait, you could hear us?" Damon rose a brow.

"Damon, if I was dead I'd probably be able to hear your two drama queens arguing."

Stefan and Caroline chuckled while Kai and Damon exchanged a glare. I rolled my eyes and drank more of my water.

"Do you need anything else Riley? Food? More water? Or maybe-" I shook my head to stop Caroline's offers.

I put my hand over hers and smiled. "I'm okay, thank you."

I noticed her eyes go glossy so I wasn't surprised when she squeezed me into a big hug. Thankfully my glass was empty, but that didn't bother me anyways. I accepted Caroline's embrace and inhaled her sweet sense.

"I'm so happy you're alive." She whispered to me. I heard her sniffle. "I couldn't lose another best friend."

That made my eyes water somewhat, I blinked the tears away and just squeezed her tighter. "You're not losing me."

"Good, but you need to wash Riley because you smell so bad." She laughed between her sniffles as I did. The hug ended and we exchanged a final smile.

Caroline stood up and Stefan welcomed her into his arms. I felt another stare on me and my eyes locked with Kai.

He seemed nervous, because he kept toying with his pockets. Kai licked his lips and ran his hand down his face, taking a couple of steps closer to me.

He leaned down so his eyes were levelled with mine. And all he said was. "Ri?"

I took a deep breath and leaned in to break the distance between our faces. My face couldn't hide the smile any longer and I spoke. "Malachai." It was adorable watching his face light up. I chuckled and shoved his shoulder. "You really think that I wouldn't remember you."

Kai laughed, sitting beside me with a big grin. "I guess you two are kinda of cute together." Stefan shrugged.

I shook my head and Kai and I look at the rest of them. He planted a kiss on my cheek. "I'm not kissing your lips because I think your breath is going to stink."

I winked. "Thanks."

"It's nice you being back Riley." Stefan said, I stood up and hugged him.

"Good to be back." My eyes peered over to Damon. He smirked and I smirked back. "Oh come here Damon."

Damon accepted my hug, lifting me off the ground. I laughed and he chuckled too. "Can't wait time get back to annoying you Riley."

"Likewise Damon." I laughed, glancing at Elena. I smiled and hugged her. "No point holding onto grudges."

She laughed and hugged me back. "I guess near death experiences do change people." I snorted a laugh when the hug ended and sighed with relief.

"Its good to be back and awake." I paused and my eyebrows rose. "Wait what about Kol? This is going to be an awkward explanation since his compulsion is broken."

I heard a throat clear and all eyes fell on Damon. "I don't think Kol will bothering us."

I raised a brow. "What did you do?"

"Me nothing." He held up his hands but the smirk on his lips said another story. He shrugged. "But if daggering him and dumping his body in an ocean something. Then......"

My jaw dropped. "Damon, Klaus is going to murder you." I pointed out. "Do you not realise that?"

"Which is why, you compel someone else to do for you." Damon replied, I rolled my eyes but smiled hugging Damon again. "Wow, this is new. Two hugs in one day."

I cringed, moving back. "Yeah, you're right." I brushed my clothes. "That never happened." I told everyone who just laughed.

"I need to bleach my clothes." Damon said, I punched his arm but grinned.

"So, my ex is in the middle of ocean with his siblings...."

"Away in New Orleans, believing he went off somewhere. The things compulsion can do is amazing." Damon finished off with a chuckle.

"Well i guess all I can say is thank you." I felt weight lift off my shoulders. "It's a shame, Kol and I could've been great friends."

"But I'm just better." Kai chimed in, I rolled my eyes.

"Keep telling yourself that, Malachai." I said, he smirked and wrapped his arms around me.

"So back to all seriousness......" I started. "I need a some food." I said just as my stomach rumbled.

++++

A.N -

- *runs in a circle, cheering*

- Memories, people are back! Riley remembers everything about her and Kai anyway. Also making it clear, the spell Esther did was so powerful and strong its impossible to reverse.

- Plus I had to remove Kol, he was in the way. Apologise to Kol and Riley fans, but yeah. This is a Kai Parker fanfic. However he may or may not reappear.

- Gif above, is basically Riley and her realisation.