30

"Ow." I hissed in pain as I grit my teeth in pain. I took deep breaths but winced. "Ow."

Kai just grinned while he watched me suffer, his head rested on his hands. His wet hair, falling on his forehead.

"Almost done." The woman told me, I nodded.

"Thank god." I muttered, glaring at Kai, who leaned in to kiss my forehead.

"Can I ask, why are you getting this done?" She wondered, her name was Jackie.

"She lost a bet." Kai answered for me and Jackie laughed continuing with the tattoo.

Yes, it was a tattoo. I lost the water balloon fight, so my punishment was getting 'Kai's' tattooed onto my lower back.

It was growing dark but somehow Kai found this tattoo parlour and charmed his way into letting me get my tattoo. Thankfully the tattoo was probably the size of a tic-tac box, with a small rose on each side.

"That's a first." Jackie chuckled. I rolled my eyes. My head rested on my arms as I laid on my stomach on the tattoo bed.

"It's only because someone cheated." I huffed, sending Kai a scowl. He gasped and I rolled my eyes.

"Stop being a sore loser."

"You had an extra-"

"Sore loser." Kai interrupted me. I just huffed and he kissed my head. Jackie just laughed at us.

"I hate you." I mouthed to Kai with a scowl. He was sitting on a chair opposite me, just enjoying me in pain.

"Love you too." He mouthed back. My heartbeat skipped when he said that but I wasn't sure it was genuine.

Riley, this is Kai.

"And done." Jackie finally announced. "Wasn't so bad, was it?" I just hummed and she laughed. "Let me quickly get this bandaged up, Kai would you like to see it?"

"Very much." Kai rose to his feet and peered down at my back. Jackie just smiled before leaving. "Look at it Ri." He held up a mirror so I was able to see the tattoo clearly.

It was a small tattoo which I liked, the roses were shadowed and Kai's name was written in cursive.

Kai muttered a spell with his hand over my tattoo and I frowned, asking him when he'd finished. "What'd you do?"

"I healed it, so it's saves weeks of that pointless crap she'll say."

"I would say thank you but I'm now stuck with your name permanently on my body."

"You love it." He slapped my butt and I kicked him away. He just laughed.

Jackie soon arrived back. She did explain everything to me regarding the aftercare. I nodded and she bandaged up my tattoo but stopped half way.

"What's wrong?" I looked at her.

"It's just, this looks healed." She said, confused and looked closer. Jackie shook her head, finishing the bandaging. "Must be me, it is late."

I awkwardly laughed. "Probably." I said, climbing off the bed. My back was no longer burning from pain.

Kai paid her, how he got the money I didn't want to know. Though we said our goodbyes and left the store. In a matter of seconds, Kai took off my bandage to let the tattoo be on display for everyone.