Last Practice (Part 2)

Second part coming...

The game continued. Kaoru who is the tallest in the group caught the ball easily and passed the ball to our teammate. She dribbled the ball in a fast tempo as she moved towards me. A girl from the opponent team blocked me intensely. So intense that she almost hugging me. I tried to free myself from her but no to avail.

The ball was stolen from the girl's hand while she's waiting for someone to receive the ball. Now everyone is running towards the other side of the court, including me. A particular woman came to stop me from going near the hot spot. I spun around to break from her screen but then she suddenly fell to the ground on purpose and screamed in pain, fakefully.

All eyes in the gym darted to our direction. Some of the girls gasped before helping the 'injured' woman to stand.

"What do you think you're doing?" One of the girls asked furiously as she pushed me.

It wasn't me obviously, but who am I to convince them? "I'm sorry."

"You hurt me! Sorry is not enough." The woman captain stood in front of me. Looking down on me like a piece of trash. The crowd had gotten bigger with more and more people coming.

"Sorry, btch."

.

.

.

I shocked myself. Oh my God. What had gotten into me?

"What- You!!" She raised her hand to slap me face. I closed my eyes and waited for the impact. I've never been so prepared before.

Three seconds..

Five seconds..

Ten seconds..

Nothing.

"Let go my hand!" The woman shouted.

"Stop it, Jeny." A familiar voice made me opened my eyes. Akira-senpai stopped the woman's palm from reaching my cheek.

"But she just called me-"

"You know what, I'm done with this. You should just tell me that you hate me. You should tell everyone to hate me. But blaming me for something I didn't do is way too low to make people hate me. You don't want me in your team, right? Fine. I quit." And just like that, the good girl image that I kept all this time cracked and crumbled to the ground. There's no use anymore. Being kind will just let people to step on your head and do anything they wanted to.

I turned and leave the court proudly, ignoring the commotion that arising from behind. I went to the locker room and packed my things before leaving the building. A lot of things were running in my mind.

"Miyuki!" Akira-senpai ran towards me. "Miyuki, why didn't you tell me what's happening to you?"

"I'm sorry, senpai."

"You wasted your time and energy to train me all this time but-" I cannot finish my sentence as my feeling started to get the best out of me. Tears rolled down my cheek like a waterfall. I tried to wipe them off but it seem useless. They're not going to stop anytime soon.

"Miyuki.." Akira-senpai held my shoulder to comfort me. "It's ok."

"I've never been.. so passionate in something.. other than study.."

"I thought I finally.. found something to give my best.." I said in between the weep "I'm just.. sad that I canno-"

The man standing in front of me reached out his hands and took off my glasses. He wiped the tears from my eyes with his thumbs while the other rested on my cheeks. "I don't like to see you like this, Miyuki."

"Akira-senpai, why do you always being kind to me?"

"Because you're special to me."

My heart skipped a beat. What did he means with that? 

"Now can you please stop crying?"

I swept the tears from the red stained cheeks and nodded weakly. I'm too embarrassed to look at him. I haven't cried in front of others in such a long time. This is so childish.

"Can you please reconsider about quitting? I know how much you wanted to play. Are you okay with this?"

"No, I'm not. There's no way I'm going to be okay with all this. But for the time being I'll just let it be. At least I can still watch you play tomorrow." I found my courage to look at him and smile to him finally, for the first time ever.

~~~~~~~

Hello!!

New sem has started. And with that, I pledged to myself to update this book only on weekend. Because.. mah grade.. is.. 

Well better not talk about it. It's not that bad actually but I think I could've done better. So this is one of my initiative to b a better student. LOL. 

~yunofurumiya