Chapter Thirty-Four | Betrayal?

Start from the beginning

Violet nodded. "Okay."

A few minutes after Henry left, there was a knock on the door. Violet froze before stepping in front of Roland, not about to go open the door.

"I'll knock this door down if you don't open up!" A man's voice shouted.

Violet turned back to look at Roland and pressed a finger to her lips. He nodded and Violet led him to the back door, letting him out first.

As the door crashed in, Violet followed Roland outside and shut the door behind her. She whispered for him to run and Roland took off, Violet right behind him.

"I AM HADES, LORD OF THE UNDERWORLD!" The man bellowed from inside Regina's house. "I WILL FIND YOU!"

Dorothy intercepted Henry on his way to the hospital and he stopped short. "What--?"

"He's not there." Dorothy drew her sword and held it out at Henry. "Find out where he is."

"How?"

"Use your phone. I know you brought it with you."

Henry reluctantly pulled out his phone and texted Robin.

Where are you?

The reply was almost immediate.

The vault

"He's in my mom's vault," Henry answered. As he was talking to Dorothy, he sent a one-word message to Robin;

Run

Dorothy nodded. "Okay. And you're going to come with me in case he's not."

|Fifty Minutes Later|

Zelena plunged her hand into Regina's chest and pulled out her darkened heart. "Oh, how I've missed holding this. Too bad you wasted protecting your heart from being ripped out on someone else."

At that moment, Robin, Violet, and Roland burst into the room, Megan in Robin's arms. Zelena turned to face them. "Oh, I'm so scared of two kids and a man with a baby in his arms." She froze them in place as well and turned to Arthur. "Get Belle's baby and I'll get someone's courage." She walked over to Violet.

"You look terrible, dear, have you been running? Oh! Let me guess, you were protecting Roland. Because why would you be with these idiots unless your boyfriend needed your help watching his baby brother? I must say, that takes real bravery. Or should I say..."

"No," Regina muttered.

"...Courage?" Zelena used her magic to suck a deep purple substance from Violet's body and trap it in a jar. "Mmm, fresh courage. This will work much better than David's from last time. Now let's see...heart, courage, brains, oh! Of course. Arthur, dear, grab the baby."

"I'll let you have her if I can have yours." Hades appeared next to the bed Belle was laying in. "I think that's a fair trade."

"What are you doing here? Trying to win my heart again?" Zelena sneered. "Look, living boyfriend," she pointed at Arthur, who seemed shocked to be referred to as Zelena's 'living boyfriend'.

"Yeah, yeah, yeah, I noticed. Which is why I'm here. So go ahead, take Belle's baby and see what I do."

"Oh I think I will." Zelena handed Regina's heart and Violet's courage to Arthur and picked Baby Gold up out of Belle's arms. She turned back to Arthur. "Let's go." When they disappeared in a cloud of green smoke, everyone unfroze.