"We're no closer to getting the Mortal Cup. And we've lost the Institute's necklace." Alec complains again. Axel offers him his drink but Alec denies it.

"Hey, I am right here. I don't care about your damn jewelry. I'm sorry you're gonna look bad in front of your bosses, okay? But my mother is still missing and my last chance at finding her just disappeared into thin air."

"Clary, it's gonna be fine." Jace tries to sooth her.

"No, it's not! People are dying because of me. And Magnus? Magnus will never come out of hiding again while Valentine is still after him. We're never gonna find him. And I will I will never get my memories back." She says trowing what was in her hand.

"You give up way too easy."

"What is he doing?" Clary asks when Jace walks further away from them.

"He's tracking Magnus." Alec says. "Be quiet and keep your distance. The button belonged to Magnus. Jace can pinpoint the location using that."

"No. The signal's not strong enough." Jace says walking back at them. "Magnus must be blocking the track. Let's do this, Alec."

"Do what?"

"Parabatai tracking." Isabelle answers her.

"Of course they are."

"When parabatais track, their power grows stronger. Jace and Alec are gonna track Magnus together." Isabelle explains, looking at Axel.

"Yeah, this whole parabatai thing seems oddly intimate, if you ask me." Thats when Axel walks up to them and rip their hands apart. He catches the button before it falls. His hands glow turquoise.

"What the he-" Jace says. They almost found him.

"Got him." Axel mutters walking away. The way they were intensely looking at each other made Axel jealous.

~

All five walk in the warehouse with their weapons ready.

"Magnus' lair is right behind that fence." Axel says pointing towards it.

"Magnus lives in a warehouse?" Clary questions. Axel shakes his head.

"Not exactly. Warlock glamour."

"Something's wrong. It's far too easy to get this close." Isabelle says making everybody stop.

"His protective wards must be down."

"You, don't get in the way." Alec glares at Clary. Axel grabs Clary's wrist and pulls her behind him.

"Oh, God! Valentine found Magnus!" They all run to where the Circle member was. Alec and Axel goes to where Magnus was while the rest fought the Circle member.

When the two tall boys arrived, Magnus was fighting off one of the Circle members. Alec shot an arrow at the guy's leg while Axel threw his knife to his chest. Magnus finished the man with his magic.

"Well done." Alec said while Axel said with a cheery tone, "This is what you call teamwork!"

"More like medium-rare." Magnus replies to Alec's compliment and then tells Axel, "We would make an awesome team."