Usual quietness

A/N: Posting this on my birthday because why not? Have you guys seen the news about Taehyung being in a drama? I'm so excited!
~

The trio made their way inside the Jung's residence, stopping to greet an anxious Mrs. Jung.

"Oh Aedda, you didn't say you had partners?" The woman asked, raising one of her eyebrows in suspicion.

Aedda was about to speak, when Jungkook interrupted, "we're not her partners, just here to help. You don't need to pay us." Mrs. Jung nodded and bid farewell, going outside the apartment with her husband.

Dae Hoo was as anxious as his mother, scurrying around his room as if he was trying to find something. Min Hee turned away at the sight. Instead, she went over to the couch with her brother and put the TV on. Aedda, however, let her curiosity get the best of her and walked over to the uneasy boy.

"What are you looking for Dae Hoo?" She asked, stopping the said boy in his tracks.

He turned towards her; she could see that he had been crying and worry filled her face.

"What's wrong? Did you lose something?" Aedda asked, a bit flustered in the moment.

"M-my car," Dae Hoo sobbed out, "m-my hyung, h-he is coming back soon and I-I can't find it." The older girl nodded, wrapping him up in her arms and stroking his head. Usually, the 6 year old would back away from any skinship, which made Aedda surprised when he didn't.

5 minutes later, Aedda had dragged the other two from the couch.

"What does it look like anyway?" Min Hee asked, pretending to look around the living room.

"It's red and," he paused, "it's about 10cm long." Min Hee groaned, realising that a car that small can be anywhere. Aedda and Jungkook had split themselves up between the kitchen and Bathroom, trusting the younger ones to be alone in the living room.

"Why is it so important anyway, it sounds like any other toy car." Min Hee grumbled, peaking under the couch.

"My hyung gave it to me when he went to America," Dae Hoo said, opening a shelf full of yarn, "he wants to become a rapper, so he was training in America. I always thought he was crazy, doing so much for a job that has little chance of working out. But then, he came back... And it was as if he was happier. When he was here, my parents were planning for him to take over the family business. He was always so gloomy, but then he came back from America and I saw him smile so much more-"

"Found it!" Min Hee cheered, Dae Hoo's eyes widened as he ran over to the girl. In her hand was a small, metallic car. She was right; it was just as generic as the cars you can get at a corner store. Although, she knew, to Dae Hoo it was so much more.

"You know," Dae Hoo spoke, making Min Hee turn her head and widen her eyes as she realised they're too close, "when my hyung gave me this, he said: do something crazy. I didn't understand what he meant, I still don't." And then something beautiful happened: he smiled. Dae Hoo smiled, dimples forming at both sides of his mouth. Min Hee exhaled, giving the car back to the boy and making her way to the couch for a nap.

3 hours later, Dae Hoo had suggested to put Min Hee in his room, so that the TV won't bother her. Minutes later, he himself was getting tired. And so, Jungkook and Aedda were, unconsciously, left alone watching Tom and Jerry. The two didn't realise, until Jungkook turned his head to where the couch was now empty. He scoffed, realising that he probably wasted about an hour of alone time with his girlfriend. He turned his gaze back to Aedda, who was still watching the cat chase the mouse. Jungkook chuckled, not even receiving a flinch. For just a second, he admired the beautiful sight in front of him, smiling to himself. How could he be so lucky? Having a clumsy angel right next to him, was this a blessing he didn't deserve?

Suddenly, the click of the door was heard, followed by murmuring. Aedda instantly got off the couch, switching off the TV. Jungkook stood up too, making his way to the corridor. In there, was Mr and Mrs. Jung plus an unfamiliar man. The family stopped, looking at the other two, the man finally deciding to speak when another click of a door was heard. Rushing footsteps were becoming clearer, revealing a smiling Dae Hoo who was running towards the mysterious man.

"Hobie-hyung!"