Chapter Forty

Mulai dari awal

A few minutes later, Tauriel stepped lightly down the stairs that led to the dungeon.

Spotting Thranduil, she made her way swiftly over to him, "You asked for me, my lord?"

"Yes, I did." Thranduil lowered his voice so that Nikandros couldn't hear what he said to Tauriel. "I want you to wait in hiding until the girl comes to free him. Then, when she tries, get her before she can open the door. I will have Legolas waiting in hiding also, in case you need support. Understood?" he asked, still keeping his voice lowered.

Tauriel hesitated, and then nodded slowly, "Legolas does not need to help me, my lord." She said, in the same low tone, "The girl is still weak, and even if she wasn't, I can handle her."

Still keeping his voice down he said, "I want Legolas as backup just in case the boy gets out for some reason. I don't want to take any chances. You're dismissed to your post," he said quietly, yet coldly, signaling the end of the discussion.

Tauriel nodded slightly, almost imperceptibly, and then slipped around a near corner. Stealthily, she backed into the shadows.

A few moments later, Legolas came around the corner at the request of his father. He nodded to Tauriel before slipping into the shadows as Thranduil walked away.

They waited for quite a while and it began to seem that Thea wasn't going to come at all. Finally, quiet footsteps that the elves could barely hear announced her presence. They couldn't see her yet, but her footsteps betrayed her to them.

Legolas was the first one to notice her as she carefully looked around the corner. He was truly impressed by her stealth even though she was injured and weak.

Thea surprised them again when she pulled out the keys to the dungeons. Still, she was unaware of them as she slipped over to Nikandros' cell.

Nikandros thought he heard something and glanced up. Seeing Thea, his eyes widened, "How..." He murmured, remembering to keep his voice down.

Thea smiled and held up the keys for Nikandros to see, "We are leaving." She whispered.

Hope glimmered in Nikandros' eyes, "Are you healed?" He asked.

Thea shrugged, "The elves did something so I guess...but I am feeling better now. Besides, that King doesn't trust us! And I was so worried you would be hurt." Thea confessed quietly as she pushed the key into the lock.

Tauriel turned to Legolas and raised a questioning eyebrow, asking if the time was right. Legolas shrugged, as if to say that it was up to her.

Tauriel nodded to him and slipped around the corner, making no noise. Legolas watched her, keeping his hand securely on his bow in case she needed help.

Tauriel swiftly nocked an arrow onto her bow, stepped out into the open, and pointed it at Thea in one fluid movement, "Stop right there." She ordered, "I will shoot you if you turn that key."

Thea froze, completely startled. She turned her gaze to Tauriel and narrowed her eyes. Carefully, she took her hand off the key still in the lock.

Nikandros groaned inwardly. They had wanted Thea to come here so they could capture her again. All hopes of freedom dissolved until he had an idea. He quietly slipped his hands outside the bars and began to turn the key.

"You don't want to do that." Tauriel warned, "You move that key and your wife is going to be in a lot of pain."

Nikandros sighed and slipped his hand back into the cell.

"Now." Tauriel walked forward slowly towards Thea. When she was a few feet away, Tauriel gently placed her bow on the ground and smoothly slipped two knives out from sheaths that were on her belt. "Just so you know, I can throw these very accurately. And they are just as painful as an arrow." Tauriel told Thea seriously.

"Why can't we go?" Thea asked, she was seriously becoming annoyed at everything that was happening, "We have done nothing wrong!"

Tauriel sighed, "Honestly, I don't know. But Thranduil thinks you are a threat or something. I am sorry you have to be held prisoner here."

"Please let us go." Thea pleaded, "You can say you couldn't catch us or something." She suggested hopefully.

Tauriel raised an eyebrow, "No." She said simply, "And if your husband tries one more time to turn that key," Tauriel looked at Nikandros, who had indeed been trying to turn the key, "I will hurt her." She threatened. Nikandros again retracted his hand.

Thea slowly shook her head, "No. This is ridiculous. We have come too far to be stopped by some elves. Kill me if you want, but I will not be a prisoner...again." She determined stubbornly.

Tauriel gave her a sympathetic look for a second, "I know you've been through a lot, from what you looked like when you came here." She said in a low voice, "But I will not betray my lord's wishes. Thranduil has his faults, but he is a wise ruler."

Nikandros came to the bars, "Well he's not acting like a wise ruler!" He blurted out impulsively.

Tauriel's eyebrows met as she looked at him, "Hold your tongue." She said in a dangerously low voice.

Nikandros glared at her, but said nothing.

Tauriel nodded once in satisfaction and walked closer to Thea, pointing a knife at her neck.

Thea steeled her gaze, and decided enough was enough. With a single blow, she took action. She swung her leg up and smacked the knife out of Tauriel's hand before raising up her fists to fight. Thea surged on with newfound adrenaline, but unknown to her, it wouldn't last long. She was still incredibly weak and malnourished.

After recovering from the initial shock, Tauriel began to fight back. Knowing that one well-thrown punch would end the fight, Tauriel watched for a good opportunity to throw it.

While Tauriel was distracted with Thea, Nikandros turned the key in the lock, slipped the key in a pocket, and opened the cell door. He placed himself between Thea and Tauriel, "Thea, stay out of it." He warned in a low tone.

Just then, Legolas knew he had to intervene. He stepped out of the shadows and strung an arrow upon his bow. "Freeze. Both of you." He ordered, aiming his long bow towards Nikandros and Thea.

Thea's eyes flicked towards Legolas, and didn't move.

Nikandros glared at the blonde elf in anger. Together, Thea and him could have taken this cocky red-haired elf.

Tauriel sighed, "Legolas! I had it!" She exclaimed, annoyed.

Legolas walked over to the threesome, his bow still held steady, "I'm sure you could have." He replied calmly, "But there is no need to harm them."

Tauriel huffed and fell silent.

"Please." Nikandros pleaded, "Just let us go! We've done nothing against you!" He continued, "We came here to the elves for healing. And now we are held prisoner in the same place we thought we would find peace and rest."

"I completely understand. However, when we brought you here we explained that you may not be able to leave." Legolas stood by Tauriel, his blue eyes hard and determined, "Now turn around and walk. Both of you."

Nikandros sighed deeply and complied. Thea began walking as well, Legolas and Tauriel followed close behind.

Don't forget to vote, comment, or follow!!! Don't be a ghost reader guys! Hehe

Ithildae, Aris, and Evara

Writers:
Nikandros-Evara (BananaBam03 )
Thea-Ithildae
Thranduil-Aris
Legolas-Ithildae
Tauriel-Evara
Random elves-Ithildae and Evara