Chapter 14- Fighting Talk

Molly wrapped her coat tighter around her. Even though summer was just around the corner, the weather in Manchester hadn't caught up. As the security guard gave her a small smile, Molly nodded a thanks as he held the door open for her. Molly shaked her head as she walked to the bus stop. Why the hell does this keep happening? She thought as she turned her head to look up at a hospital window. She didn't even know if that was her father's window. Molly had been walking out of the library when she got a call from her mother. "Your father is in hospital" her mother had said. "Needed his stomach pumped again has he" Molly had replied.

"He's been attacked. He's really hurt" her mother replied and Molly had felt sick to her stomach. She had felt worse when she saw her father in the hospital bed. Her mother said two guys attacked him in broad daylight. That they didn't know why. Molly had a good idea why. The only problem was that she didn't know whether it was the sum bag looking for his money or the sum bag footballer looking for a incubator.

Both men had made it very clear that they would get want they wanted. Molly just didn't know which one of them would get want they wanted first.

Molly felt tired as she waited for the bus. She had done nothing but work and study all week. When certain troubles weren't stopping her. How could she get the money that her parents owned? Why should she try to get the money? It wasn't her fault. But like always, Molly would be the one left picking up the pieces.

And how did that jerk expect her to have his kid? "Should have gone to America with Sarah" Molly muttered to herself as she looked around the empty car park. All week she had felt someone had been watching her. Normally she would think she was been paranoid but given recent events she wasn't so sure.

"What the hell?" Molly said as she noticed a man looking at her through his car window. A man she recognized. "What the hell are you doing following me?" she shouted as the car door opened and the man got out. "I wasn't" he said. "Come to admire your handy work?" Molly shouted and the man didn't reply.

"Give me you phone?" she shouted and held her hand out. "No" he replied. "Give it to me or I will scream so loud, the man looking at us will come over" she said and he looked around to see an old guy staring at them. "Bloody women" the man said and handed his phone over to Molly. Molly knew exactly what name she was looking for as she scrolled the phone contacts. "Hey Zé" the voice at the other end of the phone said. "Do you get all your minions to follow girls around or just the ones you want to have your kid?" Molly shouted into the phone.

"Molly" Cristiano said shocked that she was on the other end of the phone.

"Don't Molly me. Don't even speak to me. Why do you have someone following me? Is he here to finish off the job? Didn't your lackys not give my father a tough enough beating earlier" she said trying not to cry as her mind flashed with images of her father. "Calm down Molly. What beatings?" Cristiano said as he walked to his bedroom and out of his mother's air shot. Dolores was dead against her son's plan and he didn't want her to find out he had already found the girl he wanted to have his baby. Not until he had talked her into the idea. Both women.

"Don't you dare tell me to calm down ok mister big shot footballer" Molly said as Zé watched her walk around in circles. "I've just spent the last six hours sitting at my father's hospital bed because you had him beaten up so I would have your kid" she said. "What no I didn't" Cristiano said surprised that she would accuse him of such an awful thing. He had wondered why Molly was at the hospital all day since Zé phoned and told him that he had followed her there.

"Do you expect me to believe that when I'm looking straight at the guy who broke into my house with you? I knew you said you wouldn't stop until you got what you wanted but I never thought you would stoop so low. My father has a collapsed lung and a broken leg" Molly said. "I'm sorry but I had nothing to do with that" Cristiano said. "Screw you. And leave me alone. I already told you my answer" she said and ended the phone call.

"I'm sorry about your father" Zé said. "Stop following me and tell that dickhead to leave me alone or I will tell every newspaper in the world what he asked me. Got it" Molly said and through the phone on the ground. "What the fuck?" Zé shouted. "Get your buddy to buy you a new one" she said and smashed her foot on top of the phone before running to catch her bus.

She knew it was childish but she needed to break something after everything that had happened that day.

"I should have guessed that you'd be here and not at home" Molly said taking a seat next to her mother. "I had a very stressful day" was the reply she got as Molly watched her mother down the rest of her whiskey. "Ya and as always drink makes everything better. I wouldn't be surprised that you'd try and sneak some into Dad. That is when he wakes up" Molly said bitterly. "Molly" Kitty said. "Some wife you are. Your husband is laying hurt in his hospital bed and you're here in your local pub drinking" Molly said. "He needs his rest" Kitty said. "And you need your daily fix. It wouldn't surprise me that you went to the bookies the minute you phoned to tell me about dad" Molly said and the look on her mother's face told Molly she was right. "Maybe you should stay away for there, given it's the reason you have a loan shark after you" Molly said. "We don't have the money. I have to try and get it from somewhere" Kitty said. Molly didn't know whether to laugh or cry. Was gambling the only way to get the money.

It was late when Molly reached her front door. All she wanted was to fall into bed but the sight of her door been slightly opened made her think that wasn't about to happen any time soon.

"Once wasn't enough, you had to break in twice" Molly yelled as she walked into her apartment. She shouldn't be surprised that Cristiano wouldn't take no for an answer again. He was probably here to yell at her for yelling at him.

"Only my first time sweetheart. You having trouble that I can help with" a voice said and Molly looked at the three men sitting on her couch.