As Long As I'm With You

CHAPTER 28:

"You and I, we're about to make some memories tonight." ~Live While We're Young, One Direction.

Friday, 27th October 2013

NIALL'S POV

To say I was a bit nervous was an understatement. Sure, Louis and I had been alone many times before, playing video games and all. But this time, we were going on a real, actual romantic couple-y date for our one moth anniversary. For which I was nervous as much as I was excited.

I was currently standing in front of my bed, which had a mountain of clothes from my closet resting on it. I was rummaging through what to wear when a voice from behind me made me start in surprise.

"Hot date tonight?" My big brother enquired from the door, a teasing smirk in place.

Wow. If only he knew I was going on a date with Louis, who was now my boyfriend... yeah. I'm gonna put off telling him that as much as I can. I know that telling him sooner will be better, lessen the blow so as to say, but I'm absolutely terrified. Why? 'Cos hat if Greg did something like punch Louis again?

"Uh, yeah." I answered nervously. Greg strolled inside my room and stood beside me. Giving me a what-would-you-do-without-me look, he sifted through the wide variety of clothing and pulled out a decent t-shirt with some jeans. Okay, yeah. That'll work.

"Thanks bro."

"Don't mention it, Ni. So, who's the lucky dude?"

I paled. "Uh... he's you know, somebody I like."

"Uh, huh. I kinda guessed that."

Noticing my reddened cheeks, he started cooing, "Looks like little Nialler is a bit embarrassed. Aww!"

"Shut up Greg! And get out!"

After shooing my annoying brother out of my room, I quickly got dressed, styled my hair and put on a bit of cologne for good measure.

My phone pinged and I grabbed it, to see a that Louis had texted me that he was here.

Okay. Cool. Now to get away from my nosy brother. I slipped out of my bedroom door and looking around, making sure the coast was clear, I made my way downstairs and huffed in relief when I saw the front door in plain sight. Just as I was about to put my hand on the doorknob, "So you're date's here? I wanna meet him!"

I groaned internally. "Uh, I-I don't think that's a great idea."

Greg wasn't having any of it. "Where is he? Isn't he supposed to pick you up at the door?"

God, he had to be so nosy today of all days!

"Well? Don't want me to meet him 'cos you don't want me to embarrass you?"

Sure, let's go with that. "YES!"

Greg chuckled. "Good. Open the door then."

Oh God. This can only go one way. Disaster. But I think the sooner Greg knows that Louis is my boyfriend, the better. Okay, I'm just calming myself down.

I saw Louis' grey Audi parked in the distance, with him leaning against the bonnet, looking unbelievably sexy in a simple white tee, engrossed in his phone. I walked over to him nervously, Greg following closely behind. God, he's worse than our Mum!

"Hey babe!" Louis greeted me cheerily as soon as he saw me, then paused in surprise when he saw Greg behind me.

"Uh..."