Niall's Boyfriend

CHAPTER 15:

"Never felt like this before. Are we friends or are we more? As I'm walking towards the door, I'm not sure." ~Change My Mind, One Direction.

Saturday, 24th August 2013

LOUIS' POV

Wow. Niall didn't live too far from my own house. I was sitting in my car right now, which was parked in front of Niall's house and to say I was a bit nervous was an understatement. I was feeling really guilty to be facing Niall after what I said to him but Harry is right, I was a jerk to him and I have to apologize.

After spending a few more minutes debating between driving back and getting out, I finally kicked the car door open and got out, walking to Niall's front porch. I rung the door bell and stood back, twiddling my thumbs.

Seconds later, a dishevelled guy opened the door. "Yeah?" He questioned.

"Uh, is Niall in?"

"And you are?" He asked in a heavy Irish accent.

"Niall's friend."

He held his hand out with a grin. "Hi, Niall's friend. I'm Greg, Niall's boyfriend."

"What?" I choked. The dude, Greg, started laughing.

"Chill. I'm his big brother." He informed me and stepped inside, gesturing me to follow him. Then he proceeded to call Niall downstairs who was apparently sleeping at 7 PM.

"Now which friend of his are you? Harry, I'm guessing?"

"Uh, no. I'm—"

"Louis?!" Niall was frozen mid-step on the stairs, gaping at me. I looked back at him nervously. "Er, hi Ni—"

"THAT'S LOUIS?" Niall's brother roared, stepping in front of me and I stepped back, scared.

"Greg, don't!" Niall warned him but before anyone could do anything, he punched me square in the face and I fell on my back, clutching my aching nose. I was feeling a bit woozy but it's a miracle I didn't faint.

"GREG!"

"He deserves it! That's the fucker who made you cry isn't it? How dare he come here like that?!"

"I think you're over reacting, bro! You can't just punch him like that!" Niall was yelling at his brother.

"Oh, then sorry for looking out for you!"

"I can handle these things myself, okay! You can go now," Niall told his brother calmly, who scoffed but thankfully turned around to leave. But not before shooting me an icy glare. Boy, they're not lying when they say that Irish people are easily provoked.

As I was still on the ground cradling my nose, Niall offered me a hand without looking at me directly. When I was on my feet, he turned around and went to the fridge in the kitchen, pulling out an ice pack and tossing it to me. I winced as I put it on my now swollen nose. Thankfully, it wasn't bleeding.

"Er, so your brother's quite protective," I muttered, just to break the awkward tense silence that was weighing the room down.

"Why are you here Louis?" Niall finally looked up.

I cleared my throat. "I just told Harry about what happened at the party, and he made me realize what a jerk I was to you. So I'm here to apologize, Niall."

Niall was listening intently. I took a deep breath and continued. "I-I didn't mean it when I told you that it was all a mi-mistake. I guess I was a bit tipsy. And I just got confused and overwhelmed by my feelings for you that that was the first stupid excuse that came to my mind. Of course I didn't really mean it but—"