Chapter 6

Derek shows me to my room. It has a double bed, a desk, a closet, and a dresser inside the closet. I see that there is already clothes in the closet. Also a bathroom. The walls are painted gray and the floor is a hard wood.

"We didn't know what color you liked, so we just did gray for the walls." Derek says.

"It's perfect, thank you." I say.

He smiles. "Anytime. Let's go. I'll give you a tour and then we can start training."

"Training? Already?"

"Yeah." He lead me out of the room.
-
The cafeteria is first. It looks exactly the same as the old one. Only less people. Next is outside the camp. The shooting range, obstacle course, and other training things. Next is the indoor training room.

"We'll start here today." Derek says.

He leads me over to a row of punching bags.

"Let's see how strong you are."

"Look, I'm not strong. I don't even know how I survived surgery. I'm not fit to be a warrior."

"If you weren't fit to be a warrior, you wouldn't here." He says. "Now punch the punching bag."

"No."

"Yes."

"No."

"Yes."

"I SAID NO!" I turn and punch the bag without thinking. It comes off the chain.

"Holy shit. You're more stronger than I thought." He says.

My hands are shaking. "That wasn't me." I say scared.

"Yes, it was. It's the true you."

"No. It was the thing they did to me in surgery."

"You mean add more to the brain? No. They put more brain into you. Not saying you're stupid. But anyway, not a lot of people survive, they us ally bleed out. But we survived. The new part of your brain adapted to us. It learned what we were best at. And for you, it's being a Warrior."

"What are the other groups?"

"Warrior, Peacemaker, Planners, and Builders."

"What do they all do?"

"Warriors fight. Peacemakers try to persuade the other side to stop war, if they fail, we fight. Planners plan the wars and combat trainings. Builders build everything. Simple." Derek says. "Don't worry, you'll get used to it."

I nod, still scared of what is happening.

"Come on. You'll fight me." He says.

"Now? I'm not even trained!"

"You're more prepared than you think." He smiles.