Chapter 3

We where never aloud to talk or hang out with any one. The only time we where around others was at lunch. We would all come out of our dorms and into the big cafeteria that has big whites walls and a cement floor. Rows and rows of tables filled the room, in the back was a cooking place. We would stand in line and get our food from there. It wasn't so bad, except when we had to spend all the other time we had in our dorms. It got lonely, some kids went mad.
-
-
-
"Subject A1592 is regaining consciousness." I hear a man's voice say. "Subject A1592 is alive." He says. "We did it!" A girl yells. There are a bunch of cheers in the background. I open my eyes. I see the big bright light hanging above me. A girl comes and towers over me. Her brown hair is pulled back, she is in blue scrubs.

"Hello there. Kayla, correct? Well Kayla, you are a very special girl. You are the first one to survive the surgery that we have performed. But you are not the only one. There are other programs across the world that is doing the same thing we are doing. They have succeeded, but you are our first success. You'll be transferred to a small island off the coast of Australia. It's where are the successful experiments are. People like you. Once you recover you'll be sent." She smiles.

A man comes to stand above me, he's in blue scrubs as well.

"I know this may be confusing, but it'll all make sense soon. I will now inject you with a serum, it will make you sleep. It'll help heal you better too."

I feel a prick in my arm. My eyes lids feel like bricks. I let them close.
-
-
-
After 2 days in my room, It's time to be transferred. When I went to lunch yesterday, people stared at me. They knew I went to surgery. They couldn't ask what happened. They couldn't ask how I survived. And I couldn't tell them.