"Alright nerd, listen up!" I shouted loudly to get his attention. He stood up straight like an army solider would and had a big, goofy grin on his face.

"In this game, you will be earning points! You have to throw this spear as far as you can! The points are labeled on the ground, as you can see. The farther you throw, the more points you'll get!"

Papyrus was practically jumping up and down with excitement. "Oh goodie!" He said and clapped his hands together.

"You really are smart for thinking this up all by yourself Undyne!" Papyrus exclaimed. He prepared to throw the spear.

((PAPYRUS'S POV))

This was my chance! This game was my chance to impress Undyne: head of the royal guard!! I can do more than cooking, and this will prove it!

"Let me show you an example!" Undyne stated and took a few steps back from where you were supposed to throw the spear from. Then she ran forward quickly, launching the spear.

It flew through the numbers of chalk and landed on a well done 45 points!

I was so impressed, I thought my jaw might hit the floor. "Undyne! That was amazing! I know why they call you head of the royal guard now!"

Undyne smiled as a bit of pink flushed her cheeks. "Aw, thanks! Your turn!"

Suddenly, I got really sweaty. If I messed up, what if Undyne thought I wasn't royal guard material?

...naw, that would never happen! After all, I am the high and mighty Papyrus!

I followed her moves and took a few steps back, ran a bit and then threw the spear.

I guess I was even more amazing than I first imagined, because I managed to surpass Undyne and land an outstanding 50 points!

Undyne went quiet, when I suddenly realized something...what if she was mad because I was better than her?!

Oh no! My greatness was too great! I should've acted weaker! Before I could apologize, I heard Undyne begin to laugh.

"Nyeh?!" I asked in shock. "Papyrus, that was amazing!" Undyne shouted. I smiled confidently when I suddenly heard my phone beep.

I checked it and gasped in horror. "Oh no! I'm late! My brother and I are supposed to watch a movie tonight!!!" I cried out in grief.

Undyne checked her phone too and her face went white. "Oh no! I'm supposed to be in bed!! Alphys set a new bed time schedule for me! We'll have to continue this tomorrow!"

"Agreed, bye!"
"Bye!"

((UNDYNE'S POV))

Like hell I was going to bed. I tried to, but I just couldn't. I was still on what just happened with the whole spear throwing thing.

I was doubtful before, but now I think Papyrus just might be able to become a royal guard! With the right training, of course!

So I spent the rest of the night thinking of what we would train about the next day before finally falling asleep.

(TIME SKIP)

I woke up today, and checked my phone. I woke up really late today...I usually wake up early! I hurried up and off of my bed when suddenly I got a text.

Alphys: Hey, Asgore says he needs to see you in ten minutes!

That was very short notice...but I couldn't turn down an order! I texted Papyrus I would be a bit late for our arranged time to hang out today and texted Alphys that I would meet up with him in a flash.