Child!Papyrus X Child!Reader

((WARNING: much cuteness is contained within this chapter. Read at you own risk >w< ))

I hauled my backpack over and on to my shoulders. I raced down the stairs, giggling along the way. It was a bright and sunny day today. The sun was unbearably hot. At least it wasn't raining. Then we would have to stay inside and watch a boring movie. Isn't it weird how our teacher puts on the same movie every single time we have inclement weather?

But now that the sun was out, I could finally play outside. But with monsters! When monsters reached the surface, they were all led by an adult named Frisk. (She/He/They) was their caretaker, since the monsters were all elementary kids and young. Plus, (she/he/they) was the one to free them, so she what other choice did (they/she/he) have?

But, when they were finally enrolled in my school, it started to rain EVERY DAY! And none of them ended up being in my class! Major bummer. I had only gotten a small glimpse of them, so this would be my very first time seeing a monster in clear vision!

I gobbled up my breakfast as quickly as I could and gulped down my drink, then I dashed out of the door. My mother only chuckled at my actions and handed me my backpack on the way out. "Thanks mom bye!" I blurted out quickly.

Running and running and running. My school was nearby, and I wasn't that far, but I wanted to make it before the bell rung. Since my mom woke me up late, that would be a difficult task. No matter how close we were, I didn't manage to make it before the bell rung. Everyone scattered into their classrooms before I had a chance to talk to a monster. Major bummer.

I sighed and trotted over to my classroom.

I mostly dozed off during class. My mind had excused all things other than the topic of monsters from my mind, so I didn't even catch the lesson. I set up a whole scenario in my mind about how the conversation between me and a monster would go. I wondered how the monsters would look...or which one I would talk to!

"Alright, now, we are going to head over to Mrs.Clayton's classroom so we can combine our classes and do a group art project!" My teacher announced. This caught my attention and I snapped back to reality. The kids cheered and cried out in happiness. They were as happy as me. I heard Mrs.Clayton's class had five monsters in it! But the chances of being paired of one was low.

All of the kids probably wanted to be their problem. But, maybe I would get lucky and everyone would have a person that they knew in her class as pair up with them instead? "Now, I know this is odd for us to pair up classes, but our class has an odd number of students. And Mrs.Clayton's has just enough to make it even!" My teacher said happily.

That was a lie. Our class could go without even numbers and still be paired up just fine with one group of three. My teacher and Mrs.Clayton were bests friends. That's why my teacher jumped at the chance to pair up with her. My principal was stupid enough to say yes. She says yes to every teacher. It's sort of annoying.

I was happy for once that my teacher was friends with Mrs.Clayton. We lined up and started walking towards the classroom. "Hey, you excited?!" My friend asked. My friend's name was David. He was a boy. He knew all about monsters, since he took an after school art class and a couple monsters happened to be in there. One of them was his partner.

"Yes! I'm so excited to see a monster!" I said happily. "I hope I get paired up with one!" "Heh, tough luck. That's what every kid is hoping for." David said. I looked at the ground in dismay. "Yeah...your right..." I admitted. He brightened up the mood and patted my back. "But hey, there's always a chance!"

We got inside the classroom and sat on the floor. I looked around, but the taller kids sitting in front of me blocked my view of the students.

"Now, to avoid any of you goofing off, we're going to pair you up with the person that shares the same number that you have in this class." My teacher said. Great. My chances just got slimmer. I sighed and looked at the ground. "There goes my hope." I muttered. My number was 20.