Chapter 49 - Critical

Comenzar desde el principio

“I know. Bianca told me. She’ll get through it.” We paused once we reached the glass door of the board room. It’s now filled with the head of different departments with their assistants and secretaries. “Just be ready to handle a daughter, Blake. Trust me it’s hard. Especially when your new daughter reaches the age of Vivien now. She just keeps on giving me a headache sometimes.”

We both chuckled and entered the board room with a big smile on our faces.

The meeting for monthly reports went on. Anton and I sat with the whole table stretching in front us. As the meeting continued, I started become weary and uncomfortable. I tried to concentrate on the slides flashed by the projector but I couldn’t get myself to relax.

“Hey, you okay?” Nagulat ako nung bigla akong hinawakan ni Anton sa balikat. I was too lost at thought that I was still on page 20 of the handout while the rest of them are already in page 35. “Guys, excuse us for a moment.”

Pumunta kami ni Anton sa corner ng room. “You’re spacing out. What’s happening?”

“I…” I thought how important this meeting was for Anton and I and how our opinions are needed in this. Bigla nalang kasi nawala yung concentration ko. “I don’t know but I’m okay. Let me just get back.”

We took our seats again when we both saw Bianca bitching out on Anton’s secretary on the other side of the glass walls. “This is important! I don’t care if they’re in a meeting!”

“Ma’am bawal po kasi talaga. Nagd-discuss po kasi sila nung monthly report.” The secretary kept on blocking my sister pero Bianca almost slapped her.

“Get out of the way, bitch!” Anton watched Bianca storm inside the room with gritted teeth.

Bianca flashed her megawatt smile once she faced everyone in the room and waved a little. “Hi. Sorry to disturb your important meeting but I just need to talk to my husband and my brother for a second.”

She then dragged Anton and I from our neckties making me almost choke. “Anton! Ano ka ba?! Diba sinabi ko sayo wag mo na muna papasukin si Blake??! I thought we agreed on this!” She looked like she was going to kill her husband anytime. She’s obviously panicking.

“We did. He just showed up here earlier. I didn’t call him.” Anton replied, frustrated.

“Bianca, hindi niya ako pinilit.” I held her by the shoulders to make her stop shaking Anton. “Ano ba? What’s the problem? Where’s Rein?”

She just stared at me, not saying anything. “Bianca!” Biglang sumigaw si Anton to snap her out.

“Rein’s in labor!” She took a deep breath and rubbed her palms on her face. She began pacing back and forth.

Shock ran through my body. It took a while for my mind to register what just Bianca said. I ran my hands through my hair and took a really deep breath. My heart pounded in my chest heavily. “Where is she??”

“She’s in Anton’s office!” Bianca shrieked.

“I’m going to cancel the meeting. You and Blake go ahead. I’ll just catch up.” Anton gave me a pat on the back and went back into the room.

I stared at Bianca for a moment thinking of what to do. Feeling ko na stuck yung paa ko sa floor. “Blake! Manganganak na si Rein! Ano ba?!!”