Chapter 28

This chapter is edited

____________________

Skystar's POV:

Skystar stepped into camp and was immediately greeted by all her clan mates. They jostled around her, congratulating her. She tried to make out all the separate mews but they all merged together into a loud buzz of excited yelling.

She raised her tail for silence and stated. "Starclan has accepted me. And my name is now Skystar!"

Cheering immediately erupted from the gathered clan, their yowls proud and joyful. Skystar smiled widely, staring at her clan mates as they cheered her new name. "Thank you everyone." She mewed as she moved to the centre of the clearing, standing beside Jumpingstar's ice cold tabby body. She pressed her nose to his flank and whispered "Thank you. Thank you for mentoring me. Thank you for letting me become a warrior. Thank you for choosing me as deputy. Thank you for being there by my side my whole life."

___________________________

Waterfly's POV:

After Skystar padded to Jumpingstar's side to wish him a final farewell, Waterfly walked into her den to find Fernkit looking at her herbs curiously. "Fernkit!" Waterfly hissed as she stood in front of the little kit. "Did you eat any of those herbs?!"

Fernkit hesitated but opened his mouth, remains of juice on her tongue. Waterfly sniffed the juice and sighed in faint relief. "You ate poppy seeds." She meowed, gently picking up Fernkit- who was already yawning- and placed the kit by her mother's side in the nursery.

Slowsky purred and thanked Waterfly. "I was wondering where she was." She sighed as she stroked Fernkit's sleeping body. Her two other kits were sleeping as well.

Waterfly wished them goodnight before heading off to her own den to rest.

_________________________

Skystar's POV:

The sound of birds singing in the trees awoke Skystar from her slumber. She yawned and stretched her legs, blinking her eyes as she padded out of her den, blancing on a branch of the HighTree. Few cats were awake and the ones that were, were trudging around camp, sleepy.

Skystar sat on the branch just below her den and called. "Let all cats old enough to catch their own prey, gather beneath the HighTree for a clan meeting!"

Cats padded out of their dens and sat down at the roots of the HighTree. Stormwhisker, Bluestorm, Roundclaw, Whitetail and Darkfur sat closest to the tree. Slowsky and Bigstep sat by the nusery with Fernkit, Bumblekit and Mousekit bouncing around. Waterfly sat next to Bigstep and Slowsky. Fluffypaw sat with his eyes narrowed.

"Cats of Lightclan. We are small and we will not survive the next attack from Deathclan." Mews of agreement echoed around the clearing. Skystar raised her tail and they went silent again. "Deathclan is made up of foxes and cats. Their territory stretches through fox territory on the moorland. A while ago, I explored their territory. I saw three foxes and four cats. One of those cats was the leader of Deathclan. He has black fur and blue eyes. Then there was Greenstare and her new mate. She has betrayed us to join the enemy." Skystar reported, her ears flattened.

Mews of the cats reached Skystar's ears but she ignored them and flicked her tail for silence again. "We need a plan to defend ourselves against them. Roundclaw?"

Roundclaw spoke up "We could send a patrol to Magiclan and Monsterclan and become one big clan. We would have more of a chance of winning. If they refuse, we will need to find more warriors to help us fight. Rogues, loners and maybe even kittypets?"

Nodding her agreement, Skystar meowed. "I want Roundclaw, Bigstep, Bluestorm and Fluffypaw to go to Monsterclan and Clearlight, Slowsky, Darkfur, Stormwhisker and Whitetail to go to Magiclan. No fighting at all. We are doing this peacefully."

The cats chosen nodded and padded to the entrance, leaving camp within seconds.

_______________________________