Chapter 14

Skyheart's P.O.V:

Skyheart finished her rabbit and rested her head on her paws as Clearlight groomed her messy fur.

There was a scream in the camp and Skyheart leaped to her paws and raced out of the warriors den. Clearlight followed her close behind, along with Loveheart and Bluestorm. Robinlake and Jumpingstar padded out from the leaders den and Bigstep and Slowsky crowded the cat who had screamed. It was Waterfly.

Jumpingstar walked to Waterfly's side. Skyheart followed and squeezed in beside Roundclaw. She growled lightly at the sight of Roundclaw, the cat who had not warned her that Waterpaw would die! He must know who killed her, but he wouldn't tell her! How dare he!

Skyheart turned her gaze to Waterfly. She was staring at a vole, it had herbs on its fur. A small trickle of water slid down it's shoulder.

"The fur, herbs, water..." Waterfly stammered. "I know why! I must be the next medicine cat of Lightclan!" she yowled.

_____________________

Waterfly's P.O.V:

This must be my destiny, to serve my clan as a medicine cat! Waterfly thought to herself. I must!

Waterfly heard a rumbling sound coming from the forest.

What?

Skyheart and Clearlight pressed against each other whilst Slowsky and Bigstep quickly rushed together. Jumpingstar lifted his head and Robinlake stumbled and fell next to his leader. Jumpingstar leaned down to pick him up but then the shaking stopped.

Everything was silent.

The only noise was the shuffle of paws and a couple of gasps of fear.

Then, a loud cracking sound engulfed the camp and a tree started falling into camp. But before any cat could stop the falling giant, it stopped mid way and disappeared.

Clearlight steadily padded closer to the place where the tree was only a few seconds ago. Skyheart rushed to his side and Waterfly held her breath as she wondered if she should go with her fellow prophesied cats. She let her breath go and followed them out of the camp and into the forest.

Waterfly saw movement behind a bush and narrowed her eyes in suspicion. "Hey Skyheart, Clearlight, Can you come here?" she meowed shakily.

Before Skyheart and her mate arrived at her side, Waterfly saw the animal come out of the bush. A cat. "Hello dear Waterfly." she meowed. "I am Yellowstar, the third leader of Lightclan. I am sorry we didn't give you the prophecy like Clearlight and Skyheart, but, we have to tell you this; You are destined to be a medicine cat. The falling tree that stopped was a mistake. Starclan sent the earthquake and the falling tree to tell you that you had to be a warrior but, as the tree fell, an ancient cat came to us and told us we were wrong."

"So you made the tree disappear..." Mewed Waterfly but Yellowstar had already gone. Skyheart and Clearlight padded to her side.

"Anything wrong?" asked Skyheart carefully.

Waterfly shook herself. "If course not!" Should I tell them? she thought to herself secretly. No

__________________________

Skyheart's P.O.V:

She doesn't seem ok.. Thought Skyheart as she lead Waterfly to the Lightclan camp entrance with Clearlight padding behind.

"So, Shall we go hunt?" asked Clearlight as he caught up to Skyheart and Waterfly.

Waterfly sighed and said "No. I will be searching for herbs that I think will help, Starclan willing, I will find some."

Skyheart blinked at her and glanced at Clearlight. "So your now a medicine cat?" she guessed.

Waterfly shrugged "I guess..."

"Are you happy about it?" Clearlight spoke up.

"Yes."

Skyheart padded through the entrance to see all the cats gathered around the Hightree.

Every cat turned to look at the three cats enter the camp.

"Skyheart! Please step forward!" meowed Jumpingstar from a low branch over looking the clan. Bigstep growled at Clearlight before he could even touch Skyheart.

What is happening? meowed Skyheart in her head. She spotted Robinlake at the roots of the High tree, staring at Skyheart and willing her onwards. "Deputyship.." whispered Skyheart shakily so only she could hear herself.

"I know Skyheart has had no apprentice but we can solve that problem by giving her Fluffykit as her apprentice and Deputyship as well!" yowled Jumpingstar from the branch he sat on.

"Well done." purred Roundclaw. How could he be proud of her? Skyheart had rejected him.

"I- I- I'm sorry." Mewed Skyheart to Roundclaw.

Her other kits Whitetail, Darkfur, Bluestorm and Stormwhisker all purred and smiled at her as they heard she had finally forgiven their litter mate and her son.

"Skyheart!" yowled Jumpingstar "We haven't got all day!"

"Oh right! Sorry Jumpingstar!"

"I could never get mad at my former apprentice and soon to be deputy." he meowed.

"Oh, thank Starclan!" she breathed in relief.

"Firstly, I would like to thank Robinlake for being loyal to Lightclan for all these seasons since he joined us." Jumpingstar nodded at Robinlake who lifted his head high and puffed out his chest.

Skyheart wondered if Jumpingstar knew about Robinlake. She thought only her and Clearlight knew but Jumpingstar seemed to know that Robinlake came from one of the ancient clans: Thunderclan, Riverclan, Windclan and Shadowclan.

"Thank you so much for your help. I wish you countless moons of rest in the elders den" Meowed Jumpingstar, his head held high. "Skyheart will be the new deputy of Lightclan!" he yowled.

Fluffykit ran up to Skyheart and Mewed "I'm the deputy's apprentice!"

"Hush now little one." Fallowstream's voice sounded behind Skyheart. She whipped around to see her picking up Fluffykit and Carrying her to the nursery.

"Wait!" Jumpingstar growled "Fluffykit please step forward. Fluffykit wriggled out of her mothers grip and rushed to the roots of the Hightree. "Yay!" Skyheart flicked her tail in Fluffykit's face. "Sorry" she said.

"Skyheart is the most worthy cat to mentor this kit and I hope you teach her everything I taught you!" yowled Jumpingstar. "Fluffykit from this moment on you will be known as Fluffypaw!"

_________________________