Chapter 18

Skyheart's P.O.V:

"Skyheart!" Meowed a voice Skyheart spun around to find her apprentice running towards her.

"Good, let's train." Answered Skyheart. She crouched low and crept forward as if she was stalking a mouse "Do this."

Fluffypaw sighed and whispered "I know how to do this move." Skyheart narrowed her eyes but said nothing.

Skyheart heard some rustling in the under growth and Roundclaw's scent bathed her tongue. She padded behind the bush and saw Roundclaw. "I can smell you." She whispered. Roundclaw nodded and moved downwind of Fluffypaw.

Skyheart padded from the bush and looked around for Fluffypaw. "Fluffypaw? Where have you gone?" she sighed and sniffed the air.

Before she could do anything else the air was knocked out of her and thorn-sharp claws dug into her shoulders. Skyheart fell over and wriggled out of the cat's grip, twirling round and extended her claws.

She stopped suddenly as she realised that Fluffypaw was the cat ontop of her "Fluffypaw!!" she gasped

"I'm so sorry!" The apprentice squeaked. "He-he told me to do it-" Fluffypaw quickly shut her mouth

"Who?"

Fluffypaw shook her head "No cat..."

An outline of a cat appeared behind Fluffypaw and whispered something Skyheart couldn't hear. Suddenly, Fluffypaw raked we claws over Skyheart's muzzle and dashed off into the undergrowth toward a patch of wild garlic where her scent would be covered up.

Blood welled up on Skyheart's wound and she pawed at it. "What in Starclan's name is going on with Fluffypaw?" she muttered.

____________________________

Roundclaw's P.O.V:

"Skyheart! Are you ok?" Roundclaw rushed to Skyheart's side and let her lean against his shoulder. "Why did Fluffypaw do that?" he asked as he and his mother slowly trekked back to camp.

"I-I saw another cat." she whispered "He whispered something to my apprentice"

Roundclaw had seen the outline of the cat too and was still thinking about it as he and Skyheart entered Lightclan camp. "Go to Waterfly and see if she can help with what happened." He meowed as he plodded to the warriors den.

He settled down in his nest and let his mind go blank.

Roundclaw woke up in the future, he could see a battle raging on in the Lightclan camp and saw Fluffypaw claw at Skyheart with unsheathed claws. Skyheart's apprentice had blood red eyes and teeth like a dog.

That was not the Fluffypaw Roundclaw knew. This was another cat taking over his body.

__________________________

Clearlight's P.O.V:

"No cat has crossed the border." called Sparklingfish from one side of the border.

Clearlight turned his head to Coloureyes as the tom meowed. "None on my side!"

Clearlight nodded and led the border patrol back to camp, trotting. As they entered camp, Clearlight spotted Skyheart coming out of Waterfly's den with cobwebs stuck on her nose and cheek. "What happened?!" growled Clearlight As he rushed over to Skyheart.

Coloureyes, Slowsky and Bigstep turned and looked at Skyheart and gasped slightly. Bigstep pulled Slowsky closer to him.

Bluestorm and Darkfur trotted up to their mother and sniffed her wounds as Clearlight caught the familiar scent of Fluffypaw on Skyheart's cut. "Fluffypaw did this to you?" he questioned.

"Yes.."

_______________________

Waterfly's P.O.V:

Sighing, Waterfly started sorting her herbs again. Skyheart had just come in telling her that Fluffypaw had attacked her with unsheathed claws and a cat had appeared behind her apprentice.

Waterfly knew what that meant: Fluffypaw was still being trained by the evil Dark Forest cats.

______________________

Skyheart's P.O.V:

"Sky will lead lightly, there will be a great battle and sky will die." Whispered Skyheart as she recited both prophecies. "The clear light on the water will fly with the sky and save the light from the dark stare and the monster's claw."

Clearlight entered the empty warriors den and overheard what Skyheart was saying. "Don't worry, I won't let any cat hurt you." he assured Skyheart.

She leaned against him and licked his shoulder, she wished there was no such thing as the prophecy and she and her mate, Clearlight, were happy and safe.

Skyheart sighed as Clearlight carefully licked her with rhythmic strokes of his rough tongue. She eventually fell asleep, drifting into a peaceful slumber.

_______________________