Chapter 3: Taken

The girls are on pins and needles as they wait for them to begin. Rae drinks her glass of water to try to calm her nerves, she holds tightly to the glass in nervous anticipation.

“What happened to our parents?” Sidney asks.

“There are a lot things missing from the story, we are still trying to piece everything together. But your mother Savannah Adams was bitten when she was pregnant with you girls. It seems your father Christopher bit her because she was dying. She was getting really weak, almost to the point of death. Your father bit her even though your mother made it clear that she didn’t want to be changed to save her life, and yours.” Tamar starts.

"We were killing her?" SiSi asks.

Tamar nods.

“If he hadn’t of bitten her she would have died, along with all three of you. He couldn’t bear to watch his wife and children die when he knew he could do something about it. So he did the only thing he could he bit her, so she would be able to live and give birth to you all.” Vince adds.

“We don’t know what happened to them. They may still be alive, but we don’t know exactly where if they are alive. Your father was the one who delivered you Sidney, they didn’t know you would be born, originally they thought it was only going to be twins. He delivered you and then he and Savannah disappeared before anyone could find out your mom was turning into a vampire.”

SiSi gulps, “so our-dad was a vampire when he and our mom had us?” Sidney asks.

Vince shakes his head no, “he was bitten sometime after you two were already conceived. He was a baby vampire during your mom’s pregnancy.”

Rae is furious. “So they just ditched us? How could they do that? How could they leave us! In the damn hopsital all alone? And maniacs took us, our father was worried about our mom but what about us? Innocent children!” Rae says angrily.

“They were going to come back for you girls, but when they did it was too late, you all were gone.”

“Its still selfish!” Rae says still fuming. "All of this drama could have been avoided if they had of stayed!"

“I understand what he did Rae, he wanted to look out for mom! He wanted to make sure no one found out about the existence of vampires.” SiSi says sadly.

“No! Fuck that! He could have did something. And don’t call her that, her name is Savannah not mom! They left us.”

"They couldn't risk being killed Rae." Sisi says.

“Its not like that Rachel. Your dad had to keep a low profile because of the vampire hunters he-”

“That’s all the reason more to help your children! He knew vampire hunters were out there and he did nothing to protect us. Of course they were going to kidnap us to get back at them! I hate them.” Rae says she squeezes the water glass that’s in her hand too hard, and it shatters to pieces cutting up her hand. The glass shatters to the floor. Rae cries out in pain, as blood trickles to the floor. “Ow!” Rae screams.

Tamar and Vince are unbothered they are so old vampires, they are used to the scent of human blood. But all the others keep a safe distance away, Ray has to literally hold Neah upstairs, so she doesn’t try to hurt Rae.

“Go get cleaned up Rae. Now” Vince commands.

Rae rolls her eyes, and nods. She goes to the upstairs bathroom as she painfully takes the glass that's embedded out of her hand. She winces in pain.

Princeton I need you. Rae thinks in her mind, knowing he can hear her. He never shows up.

She knows he won’t come in because he’s scared because she’s bleeding, he’s afraid he’ll hurt her. She rolls her eyes at his selfishness.

You are so selfish Princeton. She thinks. She can pracically visulize his face as she says mean things to him.

She continues to scrub the blood off her hand, as she rinses her hand under the  cold water in the sink. Something catches her eyes outside. She sees a glint of purple flashing through the trees.

She goes to the window and all of a sudden it breaks, and someone grabs her. She screams loudly in terror, but its too late, they are so fast they grab her through the bathroom window and rush off with her, with superhuman speed.

Everyone comes knocking at the door.

“Rae!” Prince says worriedly, “are you okay?”

No answer.

“Rae?” SiSi tries, “Rae!”

No answer.

They wiggle the door to the bathroom, “its locked” Princeton says.

“Stand back!” Prodigy says as he opens the door with his mind.

“How did you-” Sidney begins.

‘We’ll talk about it later.” He says.

They all go into the bathroom, “she’s gone!” Princeton says panicking.

“Look!” SiSi points, “the window is smashed.” She says.

“It looks like she was taken,” Vince says worriedly

“By who?” Neah asks.

Each of them are looking at one another, no one knows what to do……………………………

Stay tuned -Rae