Not Even Death Do Us Part

Shadowrealms and Leygates Final

Panting heavily, we stood in front of  Dragon de Élémentaire. Dad and Josh were still on the ground, weak and unconscious, while Mom and I were ready to fall.

"Zara," Mom called out to me. "Teleport your brother and father to Matthew."

I used all the spells I knew but nothing happened. 

"Mom, it's not working." My voice wavered, fear noticeable. Mom threw one of her swords at the Dragon. 

"What do you mean by that-Matt! What are you doing here?!" 

I turned to look at my uncle. "How-?"

"Teleport: Arthur and Josh. Destination: London." he said, not looking at us. Dad and Josh glowed white and disappeared. He turned to us. "Let's finish this."

Navy blue armor appeared around him and he clutched a long sword. Everything became a blur. I didn't know what I was doing; My body moved on its own. The only thing I remember is hearing a loud growl and seeing the  Dragon de Élémentaire fall to the ground and shrivel to dust.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I woke up in my own bed in Bristol. A woman came into my room with a tray of food. She spoke softly when she saw me awake.

"Here you go, Zara. Food homemade by your mother." I sat up and she placed it lightly on my lap.

"Um...what...what happened?...Why am I here? Where's my family? Who are you?" Millions of questions raced through my head but I chose those four as the most important.

"My name is Bristol. Skye Liveston is my human name. I am also nicknamed 'Bree' my your mother. She and I are friends. She saved my life on more than one occasion and I have been eternally grateful. The rest of your family is in the kitchen and living room. I have asked them to stay there till you have awoken and you are. I am your caretaker, on account of my debt to your mother. You..."

After everything she's said, this was the only time she stopped.

"I what?"

She reached a chart on the bed stand at the side of the bed. "You broken many ribs, twisted your ankle, dislocated your shoulder, and many other things happened. You are very luck to have survived the drive from London to here. Your mother and father used their magic to heal some things but they are less powerful than I. You are a very lucky girl."

"Wha-How-"

"You used up so much auric power that the blast of power threw you back onto main land, causing the injuries. You were dying, and fast. They only had the power to teleport to London and had to drive here. Very lucky."

"I...I..." Mom walked into the room.

"Sweetie, Skye helped save you." They were both smiling sweetly at each other and me.

I looked from my mother to the woman standing at my bed side. I was only able to say two words before I drifted off back into sleep.

Thank you...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

How do you guys like it so far? Good? Bad? Terrific? Terrible?

Comments are always welcome!