I hold my hand up and look at the ring. There's a small sparkle which makes me grin. I don't think I could ever stop smiling.

"Yes, he did." I nod.

"Aw, congratulation." The happiness doesn't reach her eyes, but I ignore it. "How did he propose?"

"Just after dinner."

"He's always been a romantic." Tori sighs.

"Yes, that's true."

Tori walks towards me, so I lift my hand for her to inspect the ring. At that point, she no longer seems stunned, but a bit unsure of herself. There's a slight shake to her hand and she's skittish on her feet.

"I bet your family are ecstatic about the engagement."

"Everyone is." Well, except for her. "The boys are heading out to celebrate Blake's fleeting moment of so-called freedom."

"Aw, aren't you going to do anything?"

"Nah, I hadn't thought about it." I shrug.

"Oh, that's cool too."

The mood is awkward as our conversation grinds to a halt. I suppose now would be the perfect time to usher her out, but there's something off, something I can't figure out. I'd feel bad if I chucked her out without knowing.

"Do you know what would be good fun, a girl's night! I'll call Charlotte to get her butt over here."

"Really?" Tori perks up.

I grab my phone from the counter and dial Charlotte. On the second ring, she finally answers with a chirpy ring to her voice.

"Hey, do you want to come over for a girl's night?" 

"Sure, sounds good." 

"Okay, get here as soon as you can and come in your pajamas."

"Right away, ma'am." She chuckles.

We hang up and I place the phone on the counter. As I spin around, I glance at the time on the clock and sigh with happiness, it's almost dinner time.

"We need champagne and pizza." I laugh.

"I could duck out and get that if you'd like?"

"That would be brilliant, thank you."

Tori heads to the front door while I walk to London's bedroom. She's sat beside her bed playing with a set of Barbie's dressed in sparkly gowns.

"Are you ready for a bath?" 

"No," she screams. "I'm playing with my dollies."

"You don't want to have a bath?" I teasingly gasp. "But who's going to uncover the mystery of this missing mermaid? Who's going to save the yellow duck from the horrible t-rex."

London drops her dolls onto the floor and stands up. She zooms past me and towards the bathroom. I help London undress and step into the bath. As the water fills up, I toss the bath toys into the water and take a seat beside the tub.

She picks up the yellow duck and squishes it between her fingers. As it's squeezed, the duck splashes cold water onto her cheek.

"Yuck." She throws it away.

"Come on, time to scrub a dub dub!"

After bathing London, I get her dressed in pink pajamas with a sparkly princess pattered theme. She drags her stuffed toy behind her as she walks into the lounge room.

"Can we watch a movie?" She plops onto the couch.

"Very soon, London. Your mother is buying pizza and then we're having a very special night with Aunty Charlotte."