Skilla and the baby

"Piss off!"

A guard yelled as he began to walk off. I stood back as the angry guard passed me. I then walked back over to where he had come from. The men whom he had just yelled at we're playing poker. He had lost something, according to his cards. I smiled a bit to myself.

"You want to join in Kili?"

Asked one of the guards. I backed away a bit.

"No, I'm not so good at cards."

I claimed as I remembered losing my sword the last time I played cards. I looked out to the valley, it was empty. The light spring breeze hit my face. I closed my eyes and let my hair whip around. The light warmth of the sun hit my back. It was a perfect day for hunting.

"Kili, you have a visitor."

A guard yelled. I opened up my eyes, I looked down to find one of the men guards looking at me. I began headed towards him. He then turned around when I was close enough and we ran down the stairs. I was welcomed by my mother and Skalli. I smiled, they were carrying a basket full of goods.

"Oh, well isn't this a surprise."

I said as I walked over to them. I laid a kiss on my mother's cheek and looked at Skilla. I gave her a peck on the lips. She smiled. She then handed me the basket.

"Well, what's this?"

I asked as I held it up to my eyes.

"It's just a basket full of goods for you and the guards."

Skilla answered. I wrapped my arms around her and squeezed her. I let go of her and looked out the nearby woods.

"Has Fili come home, yet?"

I questioned mother. She shook her head slightly.

"Are they sending out a search by noon?"

I asked mom. Mom looked up into my brown eyes.

"Yes, Thorin and three other are leaving after lunch."

Mom answered. I nodded my head, I was greatly concerned for my brother.

"Well, I better get back to work, I'll see you two by supper."

I said as I backed away slowly.

"Well, I love you Kee. Keep safe."

Mom wished me as she backed away. Skilla took a few steps toward me and laid a kiss on my cheek.

"I'll see you at supper, sweetie."

She said as she looked into my eyes. My knees became weak under her magical words. She then joined my mother who was walking back towards the house. I turned around to the gate.

I went back upstairs to where most of the guards were. I set down the basket and looked through it. I found a banana with a kiss mark on it. Oh Skilla.

"My mom and wife brought a basket full of goods."

I announced as I began to peel the banana. A few of the guards came running to the basket. A few of them took something and left the basket empty. I went over to the two guards sitting down to a concentrated game of cards. I sat down next to one of them and ate my banana.

"I didn't know you had a wife."

One of guards said. I looked up and smiled at the thought of Skilla.

"Yeah I do and we're expecting a little one, she's a month pregnant.."

I replied. One of the guards who was eating an apple sat across from me.