The Beginning (2)

'Okinawa House' (exquisite isn't it?)

Sakura's P.O.V.
'It is kinda chilly outside' I said to myself.

'Maybe I really need to get my sweater'

I went upstairs and back to my room to get my olive green knitted sweater mom bought for me and put it on. As I went out of the room, I heard a vehicle stopped in front of the house. I ran down stairs to see who it was.

'Keisuke! We're back!' my mother said.

'Mother!!!' I shouted. It's just been a few hours since she was gone but I miss her already.

'Here, I bought some groceries for us for two weeks. I added extra strawberries just like you asked' mother said.

'Thank you mother!' saying while hugging her.

I saw our cook, Mrs. Rees, but I call her Nana, carrying 2 plastic bags, and behind her is Mrs. Kenzie, but I call her Chiki, carrying also 2 plastic bags. I went over Nana and tried to get the 2 bags but she insisted on carrying it. Nana is 67 years old, while her granddaughter Chiki is 27 years old. Chiki is uncle Tomas' mate.

'Hey kid! Mind helping and open the door for me?' uncle Tomas asked. He was carrying two heavy boxes.

'Oh, sorry uncle Tomas! Here let me open the door so you could get in.' I call him uncle even though he's not blood related. I call him that out of respect and he's been with my father for a long time. He's also very very nice. They both go waaaay back.

'Thanks kid'

'Where's father?' I asked.

'He's parking the car in the garage sweetie' mother answered.

I think mother  had only realised now that I'm wearing the sweater she bought me.

'You're wearing the sweater! It's so adorable on you sweetie. It matches your silver hair'

'Thanks mom, I trust your taste in clothes very well' I answered.

I hugged mother then ran to the kitchen. I helped Nana and Chiki put away our groceries and place it in our kitchen cabinets. I'm really glad that Chiki and Nana is here with us. It'll feel a little lonely if it were only mother, father and me. Oh and also Emi.
I know I didn't meet Emi but mother and father said she looks a lot like me, like I'm her twin brother. They showed me pictures of Emi and she really looks a lot like me except her eyes. Her eyes are like mother's while mine is like father's.

I insisted mother and father to have Emi's urn inside my room. I wanted to be near her even though I haven't met her. And if I feel down or lonely, I talk to her and thinking like she's answering or responding. Also I'm wearing one of Emi's Jade pendant that was previosly engraved in her urn. Mother said that it was sorth of a protection against harm, it will give me strength. I'm always wearing it though and honestly I think it does work cause whenever I feel down, I held it tightly and it'll give me strength, like Emi's giving me the strength I need.

As soon as I was finished stacking all of our groceries, my stomach growled.

'Deary, didn't you eat your breakfast?' Nana, asked.

' I finished all of it Nana. I'm just a little bit hungry, I'm growing after all!' I giggled.

'But my dear, I think you're not a little bit hungry, that growl on your stomach can be heard on the whole house!' Nana and Chiki laughed hard.

I blushed then pouted.

'Hahahaha, I'm sorry for laughing dear, let me make you a sandwich'

'Thanks Nana!' I answered and rushed to her and hugged her.