Chapter 1

Catherine's P.O.V

Hello there. My name is Catherine but my friends usually call me Cat. I'm around 5'3, have dark brown eyes and dark brown hair and I'm skinny. I turned 18 a few months ago and now I'm planning to move to California.

Now I live in Switzerland, but not for long. I have a friend that lives in California and I'm moving in with him until I find a house, Then I'll move to my own house. I live with my mom, half sister and my stepfather but I can't stand it any more to live in the same house as them. Every time that I do something my stepfather will yell at me and say that I did something wrong even though I did it right, my mom would just sit or stand somewhere and listen to him yelling at me without saying anything but later she would come to me and say to ignore him but I can't ignore him any more because he's always saying that I can't do anything right. The only person that I'm going to miss is going to be my sister.

My dad lives in Portugal with my stepmother, my half-brother and my stepsister. I really miss them. I was planning to move to Portugal for a while before going to California but my dad told me to go straight to California because I wouldn't have any future in Portugal.

Who knows, maybe if my dream of becoming an actress and/or singer comes true I can take them with me to California.

"It's time to say goodbye." My friend Tim said to me as the clock showed 5PM.

Tim works in the same restaurant as me for four years. I ended school and began working as waitress in a restaurant. Here in Switzerland we begin work really soon. I was only 14 as I started working, but most of the people that study in Switzerland begin work early in their lives.

"I know. My last hours as a waitress in Switzerland are over." Then I went to change to my casual clothes and said goodbye to the rest of the people that worked with me.

After saying my goodbyes I went home and packed the last things. Yes I'm flying to California tomorrow. I'm so exited!

My mom didn't say anything, she isn't very happy that I decided to move to California. My stepfather was still working and I had made plans to meet a few other friends and do a little party to say goodbye.

I got ready and went to walk out the door "I'm going to be at home around 12Am." I said to my mom.

"Okay." She was watching TV and didn't even look at me.

I shrugged my shoulders and went to the bus stop. I walked in the bus and sat down. It was now 6PM. I wouldn't stay out for too long because I have my flight tomorrow at 12PM.

"Oh my god, I'm going to miss you so much!" my best friend Emily said as she hugged me when she entered the bus and found me.

"But don't think that I'm going to ignore you. I'll write you when I have time." I said hugging her back.

"But still, I'm going to miss you."

"And don't forget about the holidays that you promised me." I winked at her.

"Do you really think that I would forget my holidays in California with you?"

"Not really." I laughed.

We would go to a club in the city with a few other friends.

We stayed there until around 11PM and then went home.

"I'll miss you." My other best friend Jennifer said.

"I'll miss you too." I know her for nine years now and it's going to be hard to leave her because she always helped me, don't matter how stupid my problems were. The same goes to Emily, she always helped me.