Alone Part 13

Sansia pushed open the first aid room and hurried in, it was a mess. The chair had been turned upside down, papers were scattered around the floor, the cabinet glass was smashed and bits of glass was all around and sitting in the midst of the confusion on a metal table was Raydon Payne with his eyes squinted and his brows knitted together.

A million questions raced through Sansia's mind but there was only one that mattered right now.

"Are you okay?" She asked.

"I'm fine."

Raydon slipped his feet easily onto the floor and stood up, there were bandages wrapped around both of his hands.

"You're hurt," she said.

"That you didn't take my side?" He asked.

"Is it a sides thing?"

He shrugged.

"You're hurt," she said again.

"We had this conversation already," he pointed out.

"Stop trying to be difficult," she said.

"I'm not trying," he said.

"I know."

He grinned.

"How did you hurt yourself? I saw blood."

Raydon shrugged and walked across the room where the glass laid scattered about on the floor. Sansia stepped forward and the she-wolf growled;she stopped.

"There's glass all around us; how do you think I managed to hurt myself?" Raydon asked.

"Why did you break the glass?"

"Frustrated,"Raydon said.

"About...?" Sansia asked. Clearly he was trying to hide something from her.

Raydon exhaled an exasperated breath.

"Just drop it and go back to your friends. I need some alone time."

"I don't have any friends...anymore."

"Poor little Doctor....what's your name again?"

He was being a complete jerk.

"Fine, so you're going to be like that," Sansia said sticking her head in the air stubbornly. It was hard to imagine that Raydon Payne acting like the jerk he always was, could hurt so. Perhaps it was because over the last two days, Sansia had started to see him almost as a friend.

"Like what?" He drawled.

"Like yourself."

"That's all I can ever be," he said but his voice was a lot less confident that she had grown accustomed to hearing it.

"I know you were bleeding before you left the science lab," Sansia said.

He looked surprised.

"How did you get hurt?"

"Buzz off."

"Fine."

She shouldn't really care what he said, he was an arrogant jerk and she had known that all along. He had simply been pretending to be someone else because of all the drama that was going on but now he was just becoming his old self again. Sansia turned on her heel and faced the door. She wanted to leave, she wanted to not care about his injuries but she couldn't seem to pull herself away.

"No, it's not fine!" She yelled spinning about to face him.

"That's hardly my fault." He was wearing that arrogant grin on his face.