Chapter 15: There is a first for everything

As soon as Lucia left, Clemens came up with a great idea. He headed straight to the study to begin.

~~~~~~~

Lucia went to the market in hopes of seeing her friends. She was skipping down the cobblestone streets, greeting everyone she passed by. When she got to the market, she didn't see her friends. She was about to leave when she heard the messengers making an announcement.

"Tomorrow there will be a play held at the theater.  It will be romance. It will last two hours. It will start at 2:30." The messengers yelled.

The next day, Lucia was at the garden at the designated meeting time.

"Clemens!" Lucia shrieked when someone picked her up from behind her. Clemens carefully placed Lucia, still standing, on the bench. Lucia put her hands on Clemens' shoulders and he wrapped his arms around Lucia's waist and put her back on the ground.

"There is that beautiful smile!" Clemens said.

Lucia giggled and kissed Clemens on the cheek.

"So, there is a play starting soon at the theater. I think we should go. It will be our first official date!" Lucia said, excited.

"That sounds great, but what will we tell your parents?"

"I got this. Just stand far away from me so they don't suspect anything." 

Clemens did just that, and they walked to Metella's room.

"Mom?" Lucia asked, knocking on Metella's door.

"Come in, sweetie."

"Mom, I am going to the theater and I 'm going to meet my friends there. Clemens was thinking of watching the play too."

"Alright, see you later!" Metella knew exactly what was going here, but she liked playing matchmaker.

When they got outside the door, Clemens intertwined his hand with Lucia's. They talked and laughed all the way to the theater. When they got there, they sat next to each other. Clemens put his arm around Lucia's shoulders. Lucia nuzzled into Clemens' shoulder. 

After they had gotten comfortable, the play began. It was about a young couple that was forced to not be with each other. It seemed very fitting for their first date.

"It might sound crazy, but those were probably the best two hours of my life." Lucia said as she and Clemens were walking back home, taking the long way.

"Really? And why is that?" Clemens asked, smiling.

"Because I got to spend it with you." Lucia said and she stopped walking and turned to look at Clemens. Clemens looked at Lucia's deep blue eyes with hints of silver, and knew she was telling the truth. He put his hand on Lucia's cheek and pulled her toward him. He slowly pressed his lips against Lucia's.

"Just for the record, those were the best two hours of my life too." Clemens said under his breath. Lucia pressed her lips against Clemens' lips again.

Clemens brushed a lock of Lucia's hair behind her ear.

"Clemens, I just want you to know that, whatever happens, I will always love you." Lucia said, sniffling.

"No, Lucia don't think like that," Clemens knew that she was talking about her parents finding out about them. "It will be okay." As soon as he said it, he knew he was lying. He put his arm around Lucia's shoulders and they continued walking home.

A/N

There are three more chapters after this one, not including the epilouge. I will update around every week. Thanks for reading!