Chapter 8: Who loves who?

Lucia shivered, and felt something touch her shoulders. She looked up, and saw Alexander putting his sweatshirt on her. They were still in the meadow, but it was getting dark.
"I should go home now." Lucia said.
"Oh, alright. I'll walk you home?"
"Sorry, but no." She shrugged Alexander's sweatshirt off of her shoulders and handed it to him, even though she was still cold. When she saw his sad face she added,
"I had a lot of fun! It would just be best if you didn't come with me."
"Okay, I will see you later then, babe." He leaned in to kiss her. Lucia let him kiss her, but quickly pulled away, even though Alexander wanted to stay there for a while.
"Bye!" Lucia softly said, then walked back to Aunt Stella's house, leaving Alexander standing there confused. Most of the time girls loved kissing him and clinged on to him for as long as they could.

Lucia walked inside and dodged her parents and other family members, and went to where she knew no one would be. In the garden, she sat down on a bench, remembering when she amd Clemens were in the garden at their house.

She felt a touch on her shoulder and looked up. Melissa was sitting next to her on the bench.
"So, are you going to tell me what is going on, or pretend that you dont look even more sad than when Caecilius made you and Clemens break up?" Melissa asked her.

"Well, I went on a date with Alexander, like you wanted me to, but then I realized that I only love Clemens. So now I dont know what to do, because when we get back, Daddy will make sure we dont see each other, but I miss him, Melissa, I love him." A tear rolled down Lucia's cheek.

"You know what, I will make sure that you guys will see each other."

"Really? How?"

"Caecilius will let you be in the same room if I am there too!"

"Oh my gosh! Yay!" Luica shrieked. "Now I just have to wait two days!"

Later that night, Lucia couldn't sleep, so she let memories of Clemens seep into her brain. She remembered when she couldn't sleep the night that they first realized that they loved each other. She snuck into his bed and fell asleep against him.
Since she couldn't to that, she held on to the feel of his touch. The way it felt when his lips were pressed against her cheek, and when their lips touched, how they could feel the magic in the air. She held on to these vivid memories, and drifted into a peaceful sleep.

Flavia shook Lucia awake.
"Come on, let's go to the market so we can see my boyfriend!"
"What? Okay." Lucia said, getting out of bed. She knew that she had to break up with Alexander but she wasn't sure how yet. She wasn't the kind of person who could just randomly break up with someone. Also, Alexander looked really hurt when she declined his offer of walking her home.

Lucia quickly got dressed and she and Flavia went to the market.  When they got there, Alexander was leaning against a wall. When he saw Flavia and Lucia together, he stiffened, but neither girl noticed.
"Hey, baby." Alexander said.
"Hi." Lucia said quietly.
"Hi sweetie, I missed you so much!" Flavia said, planting a kiss on Alexander's cheek, and taking his hand.
"Wait, what is going on?" Lucia asked. Then it clicked, why Alexander was busy at six and Flavia had a date at six, named Al.
"You were cheating on us!" Lucia said. Flavia dropped Alexander's hand.
"Is that true, Boo?" Alexander, not knowing what to do, put his hands on Flavia's waist and pulled her closer to him. He leaned in close to Flavia, so close that their noses were touching, and whispered,
"I love you, and I will love you forever." Then he pressed his lips into Flavia's. Flavia, being like most girls Alexander dated, loved kissing him. She put her hands behind his neck, and deapened the kiss. Lucia had never actually watched two people making put before, and it was gross. Especially with a boy who cheated on them. When they finally pulled apart, Flavia said,
"That doesn't matter, I love him and he loves me." Then the started making out again, so Lucia just left and started looking around the market.