Chapter 7: Where her heart is

"Okay, I  will just meet you here at 6!" Lucia said. Right now it was 4:30, so she would have plenty of time to get ready.

"No, that won't work I  am busy then."Alexander winked at her. "How about 7?"

"Sure!" Lucia kissed his cheek and skipped out of the house.

Lucia got to Aunt Stella's house. Flavia wasn't there, and Lucia wanted to wear something fancy for Alexander, but she didn't bring any pretty dresses on the trip, so she looked in Flavia's closet. She was looking through it when Flavia came in.
"What are you doing?" Flavia asked

"Um, I  just wanted something pretty to wear. I  didn't bring anything very pretty, so I  was looking through your closet." Lucia answered nervously. Flavia was much happier than she had been earlier that day.

"Oh, sure! You can also use my makeup!"

"Thank you!" Lucia looked through the many beautiful dresses that Flavia had.

"But I  am going to wear this one. I  have a date at 6!" Flavia said, taking a light pink dress out of her closet. It was short, a little above her knees.

Flavia quickly put in some makeup and left, so she wouldn't be late for her date.
Lucia chose a light blue sun dress that was long, and had a flower on the sleeve.

She went into Flavia's bathroom. There was makeup all over the counter. Lucia put on some pink lip gloss. She brushed out her hair. There were many bows and stuff, but Lucia put a clip in her hair, and that was that.
She put on Flavia's blue flats, and left at 6:55, telling her parents she was going to see a friend. While she was walking to Alexander's house, she saw Flavia walking back home.
"How was your date?"

"It was wonderful! Al and I  kissed! I  think that we are boyfriend and girlfriend now!" Flavia sighed and kept walking back to the house.
Lucia continued walking, wondering who Al was. I  thought the only boy she liked was Alexander.

Lucia got to Alexander's house, where he was standing outside, waiting for her.
"Wow, you look beautiful!" Alexander said, taking Lucia's hand. Alexander was wearing a collared shirt and a sweatshirt. They walked, hand in hand, to the mystery spot that Alexander picked.

"It is beautiful!" Lucia said when she saw the spot Alexa dear had picked. It was a pretty meadow. There was a picnic blanket with a basket on it. "I  love it!"

"Good, because I  love you, babe." Alexander said, putting a flower behind Lucia's ear. Lucia remembered when Clemens put a flower behind her ear. She remembered how in love they were.
"Um, are you alright?" Alexander asked her, taking her out of her thoughts.

"What? Oh, yeah. I  am fine." Lucia realized that a tear was rolling down her cheek. She quickly wiped it away, and smiled, sitting on the blanket and smiling a forced smile at Alexander.

They talked while eating the picnic, but Lucia realized that she was only half in love with him.

After eating, Alexander and Lucia sat there awkwardly, until Alexander kissed her cheek, his lips lingering there for a while. Lucia knew she had to show him she liked him too, so she leaned in to kiss his cheek, but he turned his head and his lips caught hers.
At first she was surprised, but then she kissed him back. Kissing Alexander wasn't like kissing Clemens. When she kissed Clemens, the world stopped and they were the only people alive. Kissing Alexander was boring.

It was then she realized that she didn't love Alexander, and that her heart was with Clemens, forever and longer.

******************************************************************************************************************************************************

Thank you so much for reading (don't worry it's not over yet)!

This was by far my favorite chapter to write and I hope you love it! I tried to put pictures of the dresses in but I didn't know how. If you know please comment with the answer!

this is based off of the Cambridge Latin course. I said based so it is fine that it is not in classical time. I wanted it to be modern ish, so it is!