Chapter 6-Starbucks

Chapter 6-Starbucks

    I woke up at six in the morning so I could get ready for my mission. After my shower, I looked at myself, watching as the water from my hair would drip down the small strands and fall onto the floor or sink. I wrapped my body in the tan towel after finally coming back to reality.

    The only reason why I accepted this mission was because, after I was done reading about rose, it put an image in my head of her smiling. Like we were both young, about nine or so, and it was a winter day. Snow fell as we spun around at what seemed like a park. This image could be linked to my past.

    I finally dried my hair after a minute or so, getting dressed afterwards. Today, to blend in, I wore a black baggy shirt that showed my black bra straps, along with my short shorts and my checkered converse. I hid my gun in my bra, knowing that the shirt wouldn’t show it. My hair was messy after using aussie mousse. Gorgeous.

    Dylan finally messaged me saying I would meet them at star bucks in half an hour. I smiled after taking a sip of my cappuccino. Vanilla.

    I placed my phone into my purse along with the “make-up” kit as I grabbed my keys off of the end table, making sure I had everything. My pager vibrated, telling me I had to leave if I wanted to see them on time. Sighing, I left my apartment, locking the door behind me. Downstairs, I saw my neighbor who’s name still escapes me, unlocking her door. Her grey eyes caught mine as her lips curved up.

    “Oh hi Jamie. Your looking very cute today, but why the new style?” she asked.

    “Oh, I’m going to see an old friend of mine and it’s suppose to be the “in style” day.” I answered quickly.

    “But it’s going to rain-”

    “Bye!” I ran out of the exit, towards my charger. Slamming the door, I immediately turned on the car and left. My destination was star bucks on third street, at least fifteen minutes away. Knowing Dylan, he’ll be there before. Not only that, he most likely made up a ridiculous story about how we know one another. God forbid let it be something to really piss me off.

    Luckily, there wasn’t much traffic and I was able to get there in under ten minutes. I walked out of my car, heading inside the coffee shop. Looking at my surroundings, I didn’t see them yet. The aroma of coffee around me made me thirsty, but I knew that if I had more then a cup, I would get to jittery to hold my gun if needed. So, I just found an empty seat in the corner, until the door opened with Dylan and Rose came in.