Chapter 6: ...and I'll Teach You

Comenzar desde el principio

"They wouldn't believe what I saw," he said, turning back to the monitor.

'Barry o' Laughs: You guys aren't gonna believe this, but I saw Mesprit leave Lake Verity and fly off to the mountain.' Barry sat and waited for a reply for several minutes, before he began to type another message.

'Barry o' Laughs: Guys. Aaron is still on the mountain. I don't know what is going on the mountain, but I'm getting a little worried with all this stuff happening.' As soon as he was done, Lucas responded immediately.

'warrior_of_light: So, that's it then. Barry, Dawn. We are taking a trip to Mt. Coronet.

  -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------  

"Oh my gosh, these pancakes are the best!" Sparks greedily shoved her face into the stack sitting on her plate. Blaze flashed a thumbs up at her.

"Damn right, they are." She put her talons behind her head and looked smugly at the gathered Pokémon. "Been awhile since I'll been able to bust out my supreme cooking skill."

"Not to burst your bubble, Blaze," Aaron said with a wry smile. "But these were pancake mix pancakes. You didn't really make them." Blaze narrowed her eyes, still grinning.

"You, criticizing my cooking skill?" she laughed. "I wouldn't be talking. Remember when you set that bowl of cereal on fire?"

"That was one time!" Aaron said with mock anger, making Blaze snicker.

"And now I get to teach you how to really set things on fire. Just you wait," Blaze said before shoving a pancake into her mouth. Zoey set down her plate beside her and looked seriously at the gathered Pokémon.

"We have to be really careful about training when Aaron is transformed," she said, looking at Aaron. She trained her gaze over to a saddened Sparks, who already knew what was coming. Zoey softened at the sight. "Sparks, what you did wasn't your fault, but it did reveal a new rule about the Keystone's transformations." Aaron, who was sitting next to Sparks, put his arm around her in a friendly gesture.

"Hey, cheer up. If anything, that whole thing actually helps us out in the long run." Sparks still looked a little downtrodden.

"I wish you didn't have to get hurt to learn that though." Sparks leaned up against Aaron as he patted her on the head.

"Better to find out here amongst friends than up against something that wouldn't care if I was hurt." Sparks nodded, allowing a little smile.

"Yeah, I guess it could be worse." She looked back to her plate and was happy once again. "Well, back to pancakes!" Aaron was glad she was feeling better, so he picked up his own plate and started chowing down.

"Alright," Blaze said, standing up and cracking her knuckles. "I'm finished with breakfast. I'm gonna go get ready to spar!" Blaze left her spot at the campfire ran back to the arena. Everyone watched as she stretched and started practicing.

"Well, you had better not keep her waiting," Zoey said. "You know how she gets when she's about to battle." Sparks put another piece of pancake into her mouth as Aaron stood up.

"This is gonna be awesome!" she said, the words slightly garbled from her chewing. Aaron sighed as he dashed off to join her. He excited to finally get to spar with Blaze again, but he already knew what was going to happen.

"She is gonna kick my ass," he thought as he reached the arena grounds. Blaze had just finished a wicked looking roundhouse kick as he stepped into the arena. She looked at him, raising an eyebrow.