Chapter 6: ...and I'll Teach You

"Woah! That's new," the boy said as he stared off at the distant mountain. "The flashes were there all night." He grinned widely, knowing he had captured the footage with his camera. "But a lightning bolt too? The color was so bizarre!" He pulled away from the telescope and swept his blonde hair away from his face. He glanced at the rising sun and yawned. "Ugh... maybe I shouldn't have stayed up all night."

He fell off of the wooden chair right into his bed. "Time to sleep," he said as he started to drift off. He didn't see the small device on his nightstand that had lit up suddenly, releasing a blue light that formed into the image of a human being.

"BARRY!"

"Ah!" Barry screamed as he jumped, making him fall off the bed and flat on his face.

"Dude," the holographic image said. "Did you stay up all night looking for activity on the mountain?" Barry scrambled to his feet and faced the hologram.

"Do you see the bags under my eyes?" Barry huffed, crossing his arms. "Come on, Lucas, of course I did!" His best friend in the hologram, Lucas, regarded him with amusement.

"So, what did you find out?" Barry rolled his eyes.

"I figured you shouldn't try to sleep when you accidentally leave your Holo Caster on." Lucas laughed.

"Hey, that's not my fault, now is it?"

"I guess it isn't." Barry looked back to the mountain. "The flashes happened multiple times last night. Way more than just the one time you guys were talking about."

"The chat room was blowing up about it," Lucas said, glancing over to something Barry couldn't see due to the fact that Lucas was simply a projected hologram. "Everyone else fell asleep though."

"Not me," Barry said with no small amount of pride. "I had to document the whole thing. Just a few minutes ago, there was a massive thunderbolt. You would think it was simply a Pokémon doing the move, but... there was something different about it." Lucas was interested.

"What was different exactly?"

"It was like a Smeargle painted all over it. The color was like a rainbow or something, dude!" Lucas' eyes filled with surprise.

"I've never heard of anything like that before," Lucas said, shifting his posture. "Here. Let's get on the chat. Let everyone else know."

"Right," Barry said as he pushed a button on the Holo Caster, cutting off the call. He picked up his chair and sat it in front of his computer. The chat client Shaype was already open, so he logged into the conversation and looked over the chat logs. "Lucas was right. Everyone seems to be really interested in this." He started typing into the text box.

'Barry o' Laughs: Hey guys. I found out a lot of stuff about the weird events on the mountain.' He sent the message and almost instantly got a response.

'warrior_of_light: Yeah, Barry. Tell us about it.' Barry saw that the message and knew who it was. That was Lucas' username, so of course he had logged on after their conversation.

'Dawn of Justice: Oh, really? I fell asleep after the first flash.' That was Dawn. Lucas probably told her about this whole thing. Barry smirked.

'Barry o' Laughs: Got a video of the whole thing.'

'Dawn of Justice: Ooooooo. :O Can we see it?' Barry laughed.

'warrior_of_light: Post it up on Mewtube. We gotta let everyone see it.' Barry pondered a moment before typing a response.

'Barry o' Laughs: I'm not sure if we should let the world know about this yet. I forgot to mention something about the footage.'

'warrior_of_light: Hmm? More than the flashes and the lightning?' Barry nodded, turning to glance at the mountain once again.