Chapter 2: Rude Awakening

His mind sat silent for a while, slowly rebooting from the sheer trauma that he had endured over the last hour or so. But when conscious thoughts began to form, he didn't wake up. In fact, it was quite the opposite.

He dreamed.

A landscape appeared in the infinite space of his mind, each and every detail being created by his own memory. As he sat in the center, a dense forest appeared around him, leaving a small clearing in the very center. A sea of clear blue fluid, almost as vibrant as the noon sky, surrounded the new landmass: an island, to be specific. The sky above filled in with blackness, being dotted with thousands of stars, but one area of the sky remained as white as his blank dreamscape.

And that's when he opened his big blue eyes. The first thing he saw was the huge sphere that hovered over his form. For a moment he just laid there, staring up at the majestic celestial object in the sky without a care in the world. But his eyes tracked a shadow that drifted out from behind the moon and it appeared to be getting larger.

"What is this? A Pokémon?" He suddenly heard in his mind. "No... No, this can't be!" The mysterious voice exclaimed. The shadow drifted until it was longer visible from his position on the ground. "Aaron, is that you?"

Aaron slowly rose off of the ground and got a look at the form before him. "Ah, Cresselia. How have you been? Still picking fights with Darkrai?" Aaron enquired, glad to see an old friend.

Cresselia's eyes widened in shock. "It really is you! What happened to your body? You look very much like a Zoroark..." She stated as she examined him thoroughly. Cresselia blushed as she gave Aaron's chest a look over. "A female Zoroark." She says surprisedly.

Aaron looked down at himself and immediately started hyperventilating but he slapped his paws over his eyes until his breathing returned to normal. "Yeah, it seems like I am." He said drearily. Cresselia floated over to the human-Pokémon hybrid with a look full of concern.

"I take it this wasn't intentional." Cresselia ponders. At Aaron's nod, Cresselia continued to look him over, casting out a beam of light onto Aaron's body. "Interesting," she comments. "It appears that you have a mixed biology between human and Zoroark. You may have the fur and claws, but you still have a human body structure. Those certainly wouldn't be there if you were completely Zoroark in biology." Aaron's face turned Cheri Berry red when he felt an unseen force grab his breasts.

"Don't do that!" Aaron shrieked, cupping his breasts in his claws and turning away. Cresselia giggled at her genderbent comrade's embarrassment.

"Well, if you're planning on restoring your previous form, you'll have to accept this new form as your own and be comfortable in it."

Aaron's face was a brilliant red as he stared down at his... "equipment" for lack of better words. But instead of freaking out again, Aaron sighed with contempt.

"You're right, Cresselia." Aaron admitted. "I'm still gonna find a way to change back, but I can't lose my mind over something I can't change right now. First things first: I need to wake up and find out what my Pokémon are doing." He looked up at Cresselia. "Do you have any ideas on how this happened to me?" Aaron questioned. Cresselia closed her eyes in contemplation.

"I can ask the Council when the next time comes, but I'm afraid I myself have no knowledge of anything like this ever happening. The world has changed a lot in the last few years however. This could be something completely new." Cresselia looked sad for a moment and said, "I'm sorry that I can't help you, Aaron." Aaron smiled.

"Oh, come on Cressy... It's silly to think I'd be mad at you," he jokingly remarked. Aaron walked across the dreamscape and embraced Cresselia tightly. Cresselia giggled at the mention of her little pet name.