Chapter 3: Night of Fate

"Damn it!" Blaze screamed, her talons bursting into flame as she watched her trainer turned Pokémon run into the woods. "We need to stop him! He's gonna get himself killed!" Blaze turned to Rin and Sparks with a look of seething anger on her face. "What the hell are you two waiting for?" Sparks hung her head.

"We won't be able to stop him. We all know how Aaron and Zoey feel about each other." She gazed out from the cliff to the vast woodland below. "I'll bet Aaron would do just about anything for Zoey."

"Even getting himself killed," Rin said. "If his new instincts are anything like Zoey's, it could even be dangerous to try to restrain him."

"Nevertheless, we still follow him!" Blaze demanded, the flames increasing in volume and heat. "We need to be there to help if something bad happens." Even with their doubts, Rin and Sparks looked at each other and nodded.

"Fine." Rin spread her wings and dusted off, shooting off above forest. Blaze and Sparks charged after her, the darkness of the woods spreading over them.

  -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------  

A feral beast tore through the forest, running at speed that just weren't possible before. He

vaulted over a fallen tree stump, not losing even a bit of his momentum. A wafting scent made his eyes dilate. Blood... The scent only increased his rage.

"If you even so much as touch her, I'll kill you!" he roared, his eyes turning from a cool blue to bright crimson. If he would have had control, he would have noticed that he had ran past his original encampment in the valley of the mountain.

The smell of blood became more intense as he neared the bottom of the large cliff he had fallen off of. He snarled, baring his teeth as he shot down of the crevasse of the mountain.

Aaron rounded the corner and saw his best friend, the Pokémon who had been there since the beginning of his journey, fighting three giant Graveler at once. She had cuts all over her body, and they streamed blood out onto her grey and black fur. She was knelt down on the ground clutching her arm, which seemed to have taken the most punishment.

"Looks like she's almost done," one of the Graveler said, taking a few more steps toward his prey. "Get ready, boys. The meat's gonna be tenderized tonight!" Zoey closed her eyes, waiting for the inevitable. They didn't notice the human-Pokémon hybrid behind them whose claws were pulsating with a dark power.

"Zoey!" Aaron screamed as he hurled himself at the Graveler, surprising the two others as he slashed the leader in the back. The Graveler cried out in pain as the dark energy tore through his outer shell, cutting into his soft flesh underneath. Zoey opened her eyes and saw the beast standing in front of her, ready to fight. Her eyes lit up with hope as the Graveler stood up.

"Argh! What the hell is that?" The Graveler demanded, his arms grasping for his open wound. His two friends sized up the attacker and looked with wide eyes and open mouths.

The feral beast had crouched low to the ground on all fours, his red eyes casting a deadly glare onto them. While the beast looked similar, the Graveler noticed the difference in anatomy compared to their prey, including the pair of breasts that were hanging low on the beast's chest.

"Boss, I think it's a Pokémon, but it kinda looks like a human. But also... not a human? I don't know," one of the Graveler tried to explain. The leader growled and faced the beast..

"I don't care what it is. I want it dead! Get her, boys!" he bellowed.

"Come one step closer, and I'll kill every one of you!" the beast screamed, before he felt a paw touch his shoulder. He looked up to see Zoey looking down at him with a determined smile.