24. Just Another Day In Paradise

~Lexi's POV~

I whistled to the Bubble Guppies theme song, while cooking me some breakfast in the kitchen.

I put the Bacon in the oven, started some eggs, and make my special waffles. When most girls go through a hard time, such as a break up, they turn to ice cream. Me, I turn to waffles. It all started when I was in 7th grade and I went on a walk to the ice cream shop. When I got there and ordered my food, it was dumped on me by a bunch of buttheads who thought it was always fun to pick on the 'short girl'.

I went home crying and my dad rocked me until I fell asleep. Ever since, ice cream has been a curse to me; I won't eat it.

I only made that exception when it was mixed with cake. Yet, another food which I still have nightmares about.

I took the bacon out of the oven, patted the grease off with a paper towel and tended to my eggs. When I shut them off, I grabbed my fork and took out the done waffles and put in more batter.

"Tasty." Said a voice behind me.

"Ah!" I screamed and turned around to see Ben laughing at me. I put my hand over my heart to calm my breathing.

"You -" I said some very unpleasant, and definitely rated R curse words.

"Woah." He put his hands up in surrender. "Don't make me go get mom and make her wash your mouth out with soap."

I scoffed and returned to what I was doing before I almost peed my pants.

"This, for me? How sweet." He pouted.

"Bish, puh-lease. These are for me." I pointed to all the food around me.

"Six waffles, eggs and eight strips of bacon?"

"Are you saying that I'm fat?" I asked raising an eyebrow.

"Yes." He smirked.

Uh! How dare he!

I grabbed all my food and went to the kitchen table to eat. He followed and sat opposite of me. I continued eating and having to slap his hand away many times for trying to steal my precious food.

"C'mon, just make me some food and I'll leave yours alone." He tried to compromise.

"Make your own food."

"Do you want me to burn down the kitchen?" He raised an eyebrow.

"You wouldn't." I gasped. Oh no he didn't just go there. NO one messes with my kitchen. Its been my best friend for, well ever since we moved here.

"I would." He smiled. I rolled my eyes and started to get up and walk to the kitchen. But then again, I'm dealing with Ben here. I went back to the table just in time to save my food from being devoured by him. "Not cool man."

I smirked and headed to the kitchen eating a strip of bacon.

Oh, do I love bacon.

~*~

I'm laying on my bed just staring at the ceiling, when my phone rings and tells me that I have a call from Malory.

"Y'hola." I greeted.

"Hey."

"Hey what's up?"

"I just wanted to know what your doing tonight."

"Nothing, why?" I asked.

"Just wanted to know if you wanted to go shopping with me."

"Depends on where." I love shopping, its just that whenever she takes me shopping, we always end up going to like a book store, or an arts and crafts store.