[Chapter Forty-Eight]

Start from the beginning

"Okay, my mother just won't leave me alone about it. We're having to keep an eye on her because she's trying to stab discreetly into the cake to find out now. She's not the most patient person." She was and she wasn't.

"Linda." I called her over and she looked at me guiltily.

"Any chance you'll just tell me what my grandbabies are?" she put a hand on my stomach and I groaned when they kept kicking.

"These kids are going to soccer players I swear." Once they started kicking, it was like they never stopped. Mostly because it was always one or the other, they were taking turns kicking my bladder and making it impossible to sleep.

It was a little exhausting to know that it didn't stop when this pregnancy was over; two screaming babies and double alt the work. I always said I would never be like Monica was when she had the twins but I already know I will be.

"This is a happy day, don't frown." I couldn't help it.

"I'm just exhausted." It took five months, but I was finally hitting the point where I was too tired to do anything. Chase better get used to self-gratification because I couldn't keep going like we had been.

"I know, I can help you sleep tonight." His hand ran down my thigh and I was turned on, but I just couldn't imagine having the energy to act on it right now.

"As long as I get to lay there and not have to do any of the work, I'm alright with that." Compromise. He kissed my neck and nuzzled me, it tickled but it made me smile.

"We're going away next weekend, I made reservations. It's a resort that's great with catering to pregnant women. So we can spend some quality time together, get a massage together and you can get anything you want done. No worrying about cleaning, food or work; it's just a time to relax." God why did that sound as good as sex right now? Because with how bad I hurt, It was.

"I love you." I leaned back into him and he tapped his fingers on my stomach to the music that was playing around us.

"I love you too. I just want to make sure you're taken care of. I don't care about me, you're the one who has to carry them. Sometimes I think I get too excited about what the pregnancy means and don't realize how it affects you."

"Maybe, but it's worth it." I yawned, I was ready for a nap so he brought me a cup of coffee, I purposely stopped having my morning caffeine so I could have it in the afternoon to power through the rest of the day.

"Go sit down and relax." He kissed my cheek and I went to sit down on the couch inside, I knew I was away from everyone else, but nowhere out there looked as inviting as my soft and fluffy couch did.

I ended up falling asleep and Chase came to wake me up about an hour later.

"Shit, I'm sorry." I tried to sit right up and he stopped me and helped me up slowly, that was a good call on his part.

"Maybe you should think about taking a nap in the afternoon, nothing wrong with it." I yawned and he reached two hands down for me to pull me to my feel, they protested that greatly.

"I took two naps a day when I was pregnant with Michael." Rochelle was there too ad her tiny bump was just starting to show at three months. She showed earlier this time than she did last time.

"That sounds like a good idea. Lunch break is nap break from now on." That couch in my office was such a great idea. I already ate all the time; I didn't need a designated half hour to hour to do it.

Chase kept an arm around me and we made our way to the back yard to do the big reveal.

"So who's ready to know what these little ones are?" Chase asked and he got the attention of everyone who formed a semicircle around us and the table with the cake.