Chapter 2

Camila crossed one leg over the other and sat back on the palm of her hands with her head tilted toward the warm spring sun. She couldn't wait for summer, it was warm but still a little chilly out. She could wear a hoodie and jeans and be completely comfortable. She honestly enjoyed it.

"What are you doing, Chanch?"

Camila didn't open her eyes to look at whoever was speaking to her. "Soaking up some vitamin D."

"Some vitamin me, you say?"

Camila snorted. Her eyes now open to look at her friend who was about to plop down beside her. "No, Dinah."

Dinah grinned widely at her friend. "Why are you out here? Not hungry?"

Camila thought for a few seconds. She watched her best friend reposition herself until she was in the same position as she was before she was interrupted by the taller girl.

"Not really. I just really wanted to sit out here and read, it's nice out."

Dinah hummed with her face pointed toward the sun and her eyes closed. "Jauregui was looking for you.

"Of course she was," Camila scoffed and resumed her peaceful position to absorb more of the sun. "I don't know why she won't leave me alone."

"She likes you, Mila."

"She likes anything that she can have sex with. I am not one of those things that she can have sex with.. I don't know why she even tries. I've explained to her hundreds of times that she has no chance."

Dinah groaned. She pulls her legs underneath her and turns to face her best friend. "Mila, you should give her a chance. She's really nice. You never know, she could be the complete opposite of what you think."

Camila huffs before turning her head to look at the tall blonde. "Do you even believe that?"

Dinah squints her eyes and looks around the courtyard. She wanted to believe it. She loved Lauren like a sister. She was a great person, but did some things that were very great in the past. Who were they to define someone by things they did in their free time.

"I do believe she would be good to you, honestly. She's done a few things that aren't very mentionable but she's-"

"A few?" Camila laughs. "Try a lot." 

"Alright. A few more things than a few. She's got a good heart. Give her a chance."

"Dinah, why do you want me-" Camila tries to speak but gets cut off by the bell to their last hour.

Camila grabs her books and places them all in her backpack before zipping it up. She pushes herself to her feet clumsily almost knocking her best friend over in the grass but manages to stand to her feet properly.

"Damn, Mila. Watch yourself," Dinah giggled and pushed herself to her feet as well. "Well, even though I would rather be sun bathing, I can't be late to anymore of Mr. Fuentes' classes or I get detention. Have fun with Lauren."

Camila rolls her eyes as she watches her friend trot away giggling. It wasn't that funny. She wasn't sure why her best friend thought that was funny enough to laugh at.

She stepped through school building and made her way to the class she hated the most, art. She wasn't the best at it, but she could definitely admire and artist view of things.

She pushed through the door and scanned the room. Hoping the spot she always sat at away from everyone wasn't occupied and to her luck it wasn't. She walked over to the table and placed her bag beside her before taking her seat.

"Hey, Camz."

Camila stiffened. She didn't want to deal with Lauren Jauregui right now but she couldn't be rude, she didn't have a mean bone in her body.

"Hello, Lauren."

"Can I sit here?" Lauren asked. Her finger pointed to the chair beside the brunette.

Camila shrugged, her eyes never making contact with the taller girl. Those eyes were too much, she was sure that how Lauren pulled girls left and right. They were beautiful. She hated to admit it, but they were.

Lauren smiles down at the brunette even though she was sure the girl wasn't going to look up at her. She never did. She hated not being able to see those chocolate brown orbs, that was the best way to describe them. Grabbing the back of the chair, she pulled it out and takes her seat.

One of the reason the brunette loved this class is because Lauren would get too occupied in making the best work she could. She would admire the work Lauren did as slyly as she could, in fear of getting caught and the raven haired girl thinking she liked anything about her.

The class went by fairly fast with little to no words spoke between the two. That is until Camila took a glimpse at the the large sketch that sat in front of her emerald eyed classmate. She was in awe.

"That's beautiful." Camila says quietly.

Lauren looks up and for the first time today she was met with curious brown eyes and she couldn't stop the smile that stretched across her face.

"Thanks," the emerald eyed girl mumbles, placing her fingers on the edges and rotating it so the small girl beside her could get a better look at the picture. "I have this obsession with the sky. It's one of my favorite things."

Camila's eyes skim over the beautiful piece. Blues, greens, purples, oranges and so many other colors she was sure. She had never seen anything quite like it in person but she was almost sure Lauren had. That image was something nobody could forget, drawing or the real thing. It was unforgettable.

"Have you seen the sky look like that before?" Camila asks. Her curiosity getting the better of her.

Lauren nods and smiles. Thankful for the small conversation. "Yeah, I have actually. My family goes to Norway every now and then, it's actually pretty rare that we go. We've been like twice, but anyway, they took me to see the aurora borealis lights over the summer and I've had this image etched in my mind every since. This picture doesn't suffice to what the real thing looks like in person."

Camila's mouth opens but nothing comes out. How could that not suffice? It was absolutely gorgeous.

"That's one of the most beautiful things I've ever seen. I can't imagine what the real thing looks like if that isn't exactly it."

"Maybe I can show you one day," Lauren shrugs as if it was the most normal thing in the world to say before her hand starts back at the picture.