Chapter 27

The next morning I woke up and Darry was still in bed, I was pretty surprise, he was almost always up before me. "Good morning." I mumbled and lightly ran my fingers though his hair. "It's time to get up." 

He opened his eyes and smiled at me. "Hey." He grinned. 

"Hey." I laughed. 

"How you feeling?" He asked. 

"Good." I nodded a bit. 

He slowly ran his hand to my stomach. "I can feel the bump now." He smiled at me. 

I forced a smile and watched him. 

"What's wrong?" He asked. 

"Ponyboy didn't act really happy and I'm scared that's how the gang is going to act too." I mumbled.

"He was just surprised. I talked to him later and he didn't seem upset." He rubbed my side. I looked at him. "It's okay. Even if they don't like it there isn't much they can do, I'm with you for good and it's happening so they will get used to it."

I lean into him and he kissed my cheek. "I love you." I smiled at him.

"I love you too. Come on let's get up, I hear the gang." He got up and got dressed. I did too and we went out to the living room. 

"Hey look it's the happy family!" Two yelled when we walked into the living room. 

"So you know?" I sighed a bit. 

"Sorry, it just kinda came out." Soda shrugged. 

"It's okay." Darry smiled and wrapped his arm around my waist. "Yes we are." He grinned at me. 

The gang congratulated us and seemed a lot more happy for us then they did the night before. Darry sat in the chair while I sat in his lap as we all talked. Everything seemed back to normal and it was great. 

*Couple months later*

"Darry can I borrow another shirt?" I asked. 

"Why?" He asked pulling his shirt over his head. 

"Because all my shirts are tight." I looked down. 

"It's okay." He came over and kissed my forehead. "It's bound to happen and I think you look cute." He smiled and laid a hand on my belly. 

"Please." I looked at him. "I don't want the gang to be able to tell." 

"They aren't going to say anything." He looked at me. 

"How do you know? Sometimes they do." I crossed my arms. 

"Please. I'll talk to them." He looked at me. 

I just looked up at them. 

"Fine." He mumbled and grabbed a shirt and tossed it to me. 

"Thank you." I smiled at him and changed. 

He shook his head a bit and grinned. "I have to get to work I'll talk to you later." He kissed my forehead before leaving. 

I spent most the day around the house cleaning. The entire gang showed up a little before Darry got home. "Wow Morgan you really are starting to show" Two-bit started in. 

"Keith." Darry walked in. Two quickly grabbed a beer and left the kitchen so we could be alone. He knew if someone used his first name he needed to stop. 

"Sorry I haven't got to talk to him yet." He came up to me. 

"It's okay, it's going to start happening so I might as well get used to it." I shrugged and looked down. 

He pushed my hair out of my face and behind my ear and smiled at me. I lean into him and hugged him tightly. 

"I like this, you are so much more affectionate." He smiled and kissed my forehead. 

"Like I wasn't before?" I laughed. 

"True." He shrugged, "but it's still nice." He smiled. "Let's go out tonight." He offered.

"And do what?" I asked. 

"Dinner and a movie? It's been a while since we've gone out. Go get ready." He turned me around and smacked my butt as I walked off. 

"Darry." I quickly turned around and looked at him. 

He smirked and I rolled my eyes. I went into our room and got dressed up a bit. He came in a couple minutes later. "You look good." He smirked wrapping his arms around me. 

"Thanks." I smiled at him. 

"I'll change and then we can go." He let go of me long enough to change and then we left. 

We went to the diner, we got some burgers, fries, and shakes. We talked some and ate, it was really nice just being us. It seemed liked it had been forever since we got to be really alone. We finished eating and got up to leave. "Do you want to go to the drive in still?" He asked. 

"If you want." I nodded. 

He held my hand as we drove to the drive in. We got there a little early before the movie started so we talked some more, after a while we started to make out. We spent the entire movie marking out instead of watching the movie. When it was over I pulled away. "I think we missed the movie." I laughed a bit. 

"I'm sure it wasn't as good as that was." He grinned. 

I smiled and lean into him a bit. "Let's go home." I sat up and fixed my shirt so we could go home. 

When we got home the gang was gone or the ones that were there was asleep. We went back into our room and laid down. 

"You know I think you look really cute like this." He ran his hand over my stomach. 

I blushed and look at him. "You are just saying that." 

"No I'm not, I really think you look amazing like this. I'll always love you." He whispered. 

I couldn't think of anything to say so I just looked at him. I slowly lean in and kissed him. "Thank you." I smiled when I pulled away. 

"It's true, I just feel like you need to know. I don't want you to worry about that okay?" He looked at me. 

"Okay." I nodded and smiled at him "I love you too. I don't want you to ever forget that either. I'll never leave you no matter what." I lean into him. 

"Good night." He mumbled and kissed my cheek as we laid down to sleep. 

"Good night." I lean into him as he wrapped his arm around me.