Chapter 6

It had been about a month of Darry and I going out on dates, we normally went out twice a week and normally he would come over at least one other time during the week. It was going great, I really couldn't be happier with him. It was Thursday evening and I figured Darry would be calling anytime so we could make plans for Friday. Even if we didn't see each other we talked on the phone almost everyday. 

I just finished eating and cleaning up when the phone rang. "Hello?"

"Hi Doll." I knew he was smiling. 

"How was your day?" I sat down, knowing we might be here a while.

"It was pretty good. How was yours?" 

"Like every other day." laughed a bit. 

"Do you want to do something together tomorrow?" He asked.

"Well, I thought you never ask." I joked.

"Do you want to do something different?"

"Sure that's always fun." I smiled, he started to seem a little nervous. 

"Do you think you would want to come over for dinner and meet the gang?" 

"Are you sure?" I asked.

"Yeah, they keep bugging me about wanting to meet you. Soda doesn't shut up about you." He laughed a bit.

I couldn't help but laugh too. "Then that sounds great." I smiled.

"Great, if I pick you up around 4:30 so I can cook will that work? I don't trust the guys here with the food." He laughed. 

"Yeah. That's fine" I smiled. 

"I'll let you go, Good night." 

"Good night. See you tomorrow." I hanged up. 

Darry's POV 

I got off work early so I could get home and start cleaning up. Some of the gang had came by and helped, I already gave them all a huge speech about behaving and being nice. I got home and the house wasn't to bad. I did a little bit more cleaning up and then made sure I had everything. I made a list of things I needed to get before I picked up Morgan.

I went to get dressed, I put on some nicer jeans and a black muscle shirt. "Everyone, make sure you are dressed and behaving in 30 minutes. I'll be back around then." I told everyone before leave.

I went to the store first. I picked up everything for the chocolate cake, along with everything else I needed for dinner. 

Then I headed to Morgan's house. I pulled up and got out to walk up to her house. I was so nervous, I never thought I could ever be this nervous. I walked up on her porched and knocked. A few seconds later she answered. She had a little flower printed sun dress. 

"You look amazing." I smiled at her in awe. 

"Thanks." She blushed and looked down. "You look good too." I laughed. 

I slowly lean in and kissed her, lightly laying my hands on her waist. She wrapped her arms around my neck as we kissed for a while. She slowly pulled away. 

"I love doing this, but I really want to meet the gang." She laughed. 

"Yeah, we can always do that later." I smirked and took her hand, leaning her to the pick up. I helped her get in and ran around to my side and got in. As we drove I held her hand over the console. "Nervous?" I asked.

"A little." She nodded. 

"Well you already know Sodapop and Steve." I squeezed her hand. "Then there is Ponyboy and Johnny, they are sweet kids, then Dallas, he's Dallas." I laughed a bit. "Then there is also Two-bit and just ignore his jokes. They are all dumb, if you want to laugh to make him feel good." Darry explained them all.