Chapter 1

I am Morgan Johnson. I moved to Tulsa because I had to get out of my abusive relationship back home in New York. I just drove for a while until I found a town far enough away. After about a week I found a house, it was defiantly run down but I could fix it up.
I got all my stuff moved in, lucky it was fully furnished. I plopped down on the bed looking up at the ceiling and sighed. It was nice to be home but it was also so weird.
I decided to head to the DX to get a drink and also ask for some directions and recommendations.
When I got to the DX I went inside and grabbed a Coke from the cooler and went up to the register.
"Hi, I'm Sodapop Curtis. Do you need help with anything else?" He asked as he rang up my total.
"Well could you help me with some directions and recommendations? I'm new to town." I explained.
"Yeah of course." He nodded.
"Well first where is a grocery store?" I laughed a bit.
"Go down three blocks then turn left and then 2 more and it's on your right."
"Okay thank you! Also do you know anyone that fixes roofs and home repairs?"
"Well my brother works for a company that fixes roofs." He grabbed some paper and started to write down a number. "I'm not sure about home repairs." He handed me the number.
"Okay, well thank you so much!" I took the number and headed out the door with my Coke.
"Wait what's your name?" He called.
"Morgan." I smiled as I walked out the door.
I headed down to the grocery store and picked up my basic food needs. I headed home, unloaded the car, and put everything away. I sat down with the number and dialed it.
"Ralph's Roofing how may I help you?" A man answered.
"Hi, I need my house roof repaired."
"Okay, what's your name?" He asked.
I told him all the basic information he asked me.
"We will have a group of guys over in the morning. Thank you for your business." He hanged up.
I finished unpacking everything and got ready for bed. 'I really liked it here' I thought to myself as I feel asleep.

Author note: Thank you so much for reading! This is my first story written on here. If you have any ideas where you want the story to go let me know! :) Also this is the first chapter so it's pretty slow, keep reading it gets a lot better! :)