Chapter 5 - What's wrong with me?

Sasuke P.O.V

So P.E is finally over, thanks god–don't get me wrong, I love sport, it's just that. . .
I feel like I NEED to get away from everyone.
Away from everyone's gaze. . .
Away from everyone's attention. . .

After I quickly got changed, I sprint out of the gym, running to the locker bays. It only took me a minute or so to reach my locker since I'm a fast runner–Uchiha's were always great at sports, fitness and basically any subject you can think of.

As I'm putting my sports bag away and about to exit the locker room, I hear a familiar voice coming down the corridor.

Naruto.

After what happened in the gym, I didn't know what to do. . .

Should I apologise for yelling at him?

Should I just act like nothing happened at all?

Should I even mention it to him?

Why am I overthinking this?!

I sigh, running my hand through my dark raven-like hair, slicking it back before it fell back onto my face. All of this nonsense is making me jaded and annoyed.

Fuck. . . Why is this making me so flustered? I've never been this irritated at anything.

"Oi, Sasuke."

My thoughts were interrupted by Naruto, who was waving his hands in front of my face.

"You ok? You were spacing out a lot in P.E. Is something bothering you?"

The blonde asks, seeming genuinely concerned. I just shrug in response.

"I'm fine."

His bright blue eyes narrow on me for a moment, then his lips curl into a frown.

"I'm fine. Completely fine."

I reassure him, trying to sound as convincing as possible, which it surprisingly worked. Naruto went back to his happy-go-lucky self, smiling brightly at me.

Ba-Bum. . .

I rolled my eyes and walked out of the locker room, heading for a quiet place to sit.

"H-hey! Sasuke, where're you going?"

I heard Naruto say as I'm walking off, I didn't look back–I had to fight the urge to not look back, if I did then I knew I was going to do something stupid or reckless. . .

***

My mind was all clouded with thoughts. Useless thoughts, but no matter how much I tried to erase them, they'd just pop back up.

After scanning the outdoors area, I eventually find a tree that wasn't occupied by students–its was a small oak tree, at the border of the school boundary. It sat on a little hill that stared out at the school ground. I sat down, the shade of the oak tree cooling me down.

I lean my head back against the rough bark, staring up at the drooping branches. Little patches of warm sunlight danced over my face as the leaves sway from side to side, in a soothing motion.

I close my eyes, taking in the sounds of students talking, cars driving along the roads and the occasional sound of a bird flying by. I take a deep breath and sigh, I cross my arms over my chest.

"Hey, Uchiha."

I open my eyes, hoping it wasn't Naruto.

It's wasn't. It was Neji, I sigh in relief.

"What happened back in P.E? You were spacing out a lot, and that isn't normal for the almighty Sasuke Uchiha."

Neji chuckles as he sits down next to me. I feel somewhat calmer in Neji's presence, he has that sedative aurora surrounding him that just makes you feel safe.

"Did something happen?"

I snicker at his question.

I'm not sure what happened. . . I'm so confused.

"I'm not really sure what happened."

I said, opening my eyes, staring up at the scattered sunlight shining through the leaves of the oak tree.

"Well, tell me what happened, I'll try to help you."

Neji said reassuringly, patting my shoulder. I hummed, leaning off the tree trunk and facing him.

"Ok, I'll tell you what happened in P.E. . ."

***

"So after that I felt strange. Like my mind was all muddled up and my heart wouldn't stop bounding. . ."

I explained what happened with Naruto in P.E, and Neji just nodded as I continued to talk. Even though he is silent most of the time, he is very comforting to be around. He would always help me with problems, he is just that type of guy–to put others before himself.

He stares at me for a moment before he snickers, leaning back against the tree trunk.

"What's so funny?"

I ask, Neji just smirks and stares at the school.

"You really are clueless."

"Clueless? About what?"

I ask, still perplexed about what he's talking about.

"I know why your always feeling this way around Naruto. . . It's because. . . You love him."

Neji states, glancing over at me.

Love him?
Love Naruto?
That's nonsense! I am not in love with that idiot!?

I laugh, playfully punching Neji's arm.

"You must be pulling my leg, right? There's no way that–"

But when I glanced over at Neji, he looked dead serious.

"No. What your saying is a lie. I–I can't be in love with. . ."

He sighs.

"I'm not lying. All the things you just told me, they are definitely signs that your falling for him."

I stare blankly at him for a bit before standing up.

"Well, we better get to class. We have maths, in room fifty two."

I blurted out before hastily walking to the lockers.

I can't be in love. Why would I allow something like this slip past me? I can't be in love with Naruto, of all people. I would know if I was gay and if I loved him. . .wouldn't I?